Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freesat EPG Missing Preview Screen

(Topic created on: 15-04-2019 03:18 PM)
Twoblokes
First Poster
Options

I KNOW this was an issue years ago because I’ve found posts online but I’m hoping there a fix or even a work around!

On my QE55Q7FN, when I’m in the Freeview EPG, I get a nice little preview window, showing the channel I’m on, in the top left hand corner.  In Freesat, I don’t. 

‘I have two sat feeds connected up and both are working.  

When I’m auto tuning, if I pick SATELLITE instead of FREESAT, I get the little preview screen

when I asked Samsung on live chat they said it was because I’d disconnected my freeview antenna.    When I rang up Samsung support they told me there was no preview in the epg because “Freesat has a LOT of channels”.

I’m none the wiser!

So, if I can’t get that little tv screen preview in FREESAT, what would be the best satellite to use to get the correct “Freesat” listings, if that make sense? 

3 REPLIES 3
Gnarly-Dude
Apprentice
Options

I have a similar issue on my 2020 TV and can’t seem to find a fix!

0 Likes
IanManton
First Poster
Options

Did anyone get an answer on this? Same behaviour rescan as satellite, guitlse shows the live mini TV, rescan as Freesat , only a description, clearly a software choice but is there a toggle? (Still frustrating there's no manual channel add in this mode to get 4hd back)

0 Likes
Mattman3000
First Poster
Options

I would also love to know if there is a way to fix this

0 Likes