Did you mean: 

Frame TV doesn't shut off

(Topic created on: 26-09-2019 07:47 AM)
CarloUK
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have the 55" 2018 Frame TV

I want it to turn off if tere is no motion after 15 minutes. I cant make it do this.

I have it set up to turn of if the room is dark which works fine but when its in Frame mode it never turns off during the day. I tried the motion detection on all 3 levels but still no good.

Should it work ? Any tips on making it work

Thanks CARLO

53 REPLIES 53
Massig
Pioneer
Options
Hi, what do you mean by the white plastic bit is sticking out? I have 2019 model... There is a plastic bit with the sensor but I can't move it...
AndrewJE
Journeyman
Options

This issue seems to have been resolved with the latest update from about 3 weeks ago (i forget the version number).

One thing to be aware of though is that if you have set the tv to power off after a certain amount of time (which I believe is enabled by default), the tv will turn off after that time and not turn back on until you use the remote - Art mode is seen as the TV being on.

Massig
Pioneer
Options

H - thanks - I will turn off that eco mode and see if that helps.

0 Likes
RosSimms
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much for sharing this.  I will try it on the weekend.

0 Likes
SSjay
Apprentice
Options
The sensor is clear plastic at the very bottom of the TV.

If you purchased any different frame colors. There is a chance you might have installed improperly like I did that blocks the clear plastic sensor.

Hard to explain but the frame did come with a warning sticker that shows you how to install and what not to do.

If you don't have a different color frame then this part won't apply to you. The clear plastic sensor should be clear of obstructions.
Massig
Pioneer
Options

Looks like there is a new firmware... Downloaded on website and uploaded with USB.. V13. 18 wonder if it will fix! 

0 Likes
Massig
Pioneer
Options

Despite the updated firmware still at times doesn't turn off... Or on... Can't understand how can Samsung not manage to get this to work!! It's a pretty simple func

0 Likes
RosSimms
Apprentice
Options

The people I bought my Frame from have given me a number for Samsung.  I'll call them as soon as I get the opportunity and then report back.

0 Likes
MarcosB
First Poster
Options

While checking on the previous posts, I read the issue with the plastic frame itself. Even though I placed it as the sticker said, I removed it and carefully put it back again. It seems to be there is a "small silver lever" (standing in front of the TV, this lever is on the left side on the movement sensor unit, but you have to get real close to see it)  that is supposed to be pushed itself by the frame when you place it in using the correct technique. When pushed appropriately, this lever will make the "whole movement sensor unit" to be pushed downwards a bit, exposing again the sensor. If not pushed correctly the movement sensor will stay in the original position, allowing the frame you place to block it. This lever can also be pushed with your finger.

Check this issue to see if it solves the problem!

0 Likes
Massig
Pioneer
Options

I have yet to install a frame but still having issues. The motion sensor is fully exposed but after a few hours it does not start. 

0 Likes