Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Forgot PIN on 8 Series TV

(Topic created on: 01-01-2020 02:07 PM)
MattWelbourn
Journeyman
Options

Ive got a 49 inch 8 series TV and want to resolve IPlayer issues (not just BBC, but ITV and C5 too). The on-screen smart hub buttons stopped working a few weeks ago, (ie. they won't boot up the BBC IPlayer app etc) and will only work if I reboot the wired WIFI router and turn off the TV. I thought this solved the problem but the smart hub buttons stop working constantly. I have no problem at all accessing Amazon Prime though or YouTube etc.

I read various threads and wanted to do a smart hub reset or maybe re-configure the TV from scratch to see if that helped... but I need the TV PIN, and Ive forgotten it! 😞

Does anyone know the trick of how to reset the PIN? I've tried various ideas from the Internet, using various digit combinations plus mute on the remote control, but none of these seem to work.

Any ideas for the PIN reset, or the IPlayer issue?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @MattWelbourn 

The usual default PIN code is set to 0000, but if this is not working, try one of the following: 1234, 4321, 1111.

If you're still having no luck, you'll need to give our Support Team a call on 0333 000 0333 between 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week.

0 Likes
MattWelbourn
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, I will try these. Do you have any ideas about the issue with the IPlayer, ITV hub, and c5 apps?

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

It may be that the TV requires an update. Can you send a picture of the following page? Menu > Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. Also, try restarting the TV: Unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on. 

0 Likes