Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Firmware update from 1016 to 2022

(Topic created on: 09-06-2017 01:02 PM)
Viseulow
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

I'm trying to do a firmware update on my Samsung ue55es7080 which has currently the version 1016 to the latest version 2022. The problem is that when a do the update, my USB stick is not recognized. I've contacted the Samsung support and they told me that I can't upgrade from a version so old to the latest one and that I have to send my tv back to Samsung in order to force the firmware update.

Is that correct? There is no way I can perform the firmware update myself?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

Viseulow

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Viseulow.

When you downloaded the file to your USB stick, did you extract the file first? Also, is your TV recognising that a USB stick has been inserted?

0 Likes
Viseulow
Apprentice
Options

Hi ChrisM,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I did extract the file and follow the doc step by step with no luck. I tried with 2 different USB sticks with the same result. With the exception of the firmware update process, yes my TV is properly recognising when a USB stick is inserted.

Have you ever heard that we cannot update the firmware from 2 versions ahead to a new one?

Viseulow

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Viseulow.

Leave this with us. We'll check it out and get back to you.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Viseulow.

Was your TV bought in the UK? Are you able to send us a photo of the 'Contact Samsung' part of the user menu (all pages)? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

Viseulow
Apprentice
Options

No my TV was bought in Switzerland. As soon as I'm back in front of my TV, I'll send you a picture of the "Contact Samsung". Just for my personal knowledge, why do you want that?

Viseulow

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Viseulow The info there will help confirm where it's from, and so help direct you to exactly where to find the correct update for it (firmware can vary between regions or countries).

0 Likes
Solution
Viseulow
Apprentice
Options

Hi AntS, 

I think that with your great help I've finally found out what was the issue. I informed Samsung when I called them but forgot to add the information here. I've an evolution kit installed and the latest firmware version of the evolution kit is the version 1016.1 and that's the version I have installed... That's why it kept saying there is no update for me. 

Really appreciated your help.

Viseulow 

AntS
Options

@Viseulow: Very much a joint effort IMO. And no worries - glad you got to the bottom of the mystery! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes