Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Rev 1221 (25th July 2018) - UE55MU7000 and TV Judder

(Topic created on: 27-07-2018 11:03 AM)
Tony_R47
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys

Has anyone got the latest TV Firmware update for their Samsung TV?  I'm getting for my UE55MU7000 TV, Rev 1221 but I don't want too until I know what it will update?

I got the TV on June 12th for World Cup, it came with Rev 1200 and I updated it to Rev 1210.  The pain I'm getting is the Juddering I get for about 1 to 4 seconds in varying times of the day on ANY program, be it, movie, news, cartoons, etc etc through both Sky HD+ box and Freeview through the TV.  I've changed the HDMI cable as I have 4, all 2.0a or b and older ones, makes no differnce.  Netflix or Amazon Prime it judders, yet Samsung say it's NOT the TV.

Judder correction, did 0 for a day, then number 1 for a day then 2, 3, 4 and so on till i got to 9 on Day 10 still getting motion judder, which for a TV for me I think is brilliant, this is starting to become more of an annoyance.

Why do I have to keep changing settings to accomadate each program, that is absolute nuts!!

Your thoughts would be welcome.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Tony_R47
First Poster
Options
Appreciate your input mate, I know the Panels are different not sure what Panels are what and who's got what on their TV's!
0 Likes
Tony_R47
First Poster
Options
Cheers Edgie!! I thought as much!! Waste if time these Updates!
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tony_R47 wrote:

I have messed with the settings from others who have advised other people what to do!!

I agree, I have noticed when I have changed some settings the picture is a lot less sharp but my judder is constant.  Appreicate the advice.

Spoke with Samsung today and it so annoys me when people don't listen or their English is awful and i need to apologise for people my only language, totally frustrating!!

However, they have assured me, the problem lays with me and NOT my TV, that is the support of Samsung and their *****s they employ!!

I am now speaking to the retailer as this TV is just coming up to 2 months old and see if they will take it back or I'm taking someone to Small Claims Court!

They take your money and leg it and show little support at all!

Thats why you should always log any issues with anything new with the retailer within the first 4 weeks. If you cantacted Samsung within that time period and can show that may help. In the first 4 weeks you can reject, replace, or request a full refund if faulty.

Paul

0 Likes
Tony_R47
First Poster
Options
cheers Paul

Got a struggle on my hand, Samsung refuse to admit a fault and now the Retailer might be a issue but I'll let you guys know!

Thanks ALL for your input here really appreciated!
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Tbh guys the judder issue is just unbelievable how Samsung haven't sorted it with an update , other manufacturers have the same issue tho when you do a Google search !! I know you get a bit of frame drop by turning off auto motion but doing that really does reduce the judder , also if you're watching sky , change the resolution to 720p , that'll get rid of 99% of judder too .

0 Likes
Groggz
First Poster
Options

Just looking for info on the firmware really but wanted to share, I've used the settings from https://youtu.be/cM3UnkEbBVY this YouTube vid for my 6470 I don't get judder. When I got the TV I did get judder on 4k content from Amazon Prime but once I changed the settings all fine.

I watch TV through the tuner only so can comment on recordings but streaming and PS4 gaming are fine. 

Good luck, if you aren't happy just take it back to the shop or send it back, the TV should be fit for purpose, if you're not happy then it's not fit for purpose.

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

The problem with turning off Auto Motion Plus settings is that the negatives of sample and hold displays, that of reduced resolution when things move on the screen (due to their sample and hold nature), is very apparent, and the effect is worse for 4K material. 

Some people may not notice or sit so far away from the screen they might as well just have bought a bog-standard HD TV, but for a lot of people there is little point in upgrading to 4K if this setting is just turned off.

Yes these settings which add extra frames by interpolation can introduce artefacts, but they shouldn't introduce judder that wasn't there in the first place, this judder is caused by dropped frames, which is a bug or lack of processing power.

All other manufacturers seem to manage having this feature without dropped frames, but Samsung can't.  

I believe the problem is Samsung have designed their own silicon for their TVs which is basically broken or underpowered, and these chips continue to appear in their TVs over the last several years, probably because they have a huge inventory they don't want to scrap due to cost.

Typically, other manufacturers buy in the system chips from companies that know what they are doing, meaning they free to change to other suppliers should their be problems.

Avoid Samsung TVs at all costs, they don't support them and they are as buggy as anything, the only thing Samsung are good at is using their TVs to advertise and annoy.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi Phil , I totally understand what you're saying about turning off the auto motion but I don't actually have 4k so for me iam just using it as a HD TV , I turn it off because of the judder , I'd prefer to leave it on but I would rather have less judder , I won't ever buy another Samsung TV because of this , it is an absolute disgrace that no one at Samsung has thought about an upgrade to sort it 

0 Likes