Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset without PIN KU6400 TV

(Topic created on: 25-06-2017 10:06 AM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi

I'm trying to do a factory reset on my 49KU6400 but it won't accept the standard PIN 0000 or 1111. I haven't changed it, but hey. So I know there is a way to do it without a PIN, but the instructions in the maual are as follows: 

For the Standard Remote Control: When the TV turns on: MUTE → (+ ) (Volume Up) → RETURN → ( -) (Volume Down) → RETURN → ( + ) (Volume Up) → RETURN.

Im assuming this means  mute then volume up then return then volume down then return then volume up then return. All of this from when the TV is already on. 

I cannot get this to work - nothing happens. So I am getting a bit frustrated to say the least. There are loads of videos / tutorials online, but none that seem to work for my TV. 

Can anyone help???

Thanks

Matt

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Hi @Medders! Is this issue still ongoing or have you managed to resolve it? If not,  you can easily have a Samsung Tech service your TV remotely:

1. Call the Samsung Contact Centre and ask for remote support (Support Centre on: 0330 726 7864, Monday to Saturday | 9am to 6pm)

2. Open the menu on your TV and go to the Support section.

3. Select Remote Management, then read and agree to the service agreements. When the PIN screen appears, provide the PIN number to the agent.

4. The agent will then access your TV.

Let us know how you get on. :robothappy:

0 Likes