Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9000 evolution kit

(Topic created on: 06-06-2017 10:05 PM)
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

As once again samsung has released no intentions of bringing out a evolution kit for the F9000 series tv this year (based on remarks made at C.E.S). And not one last year. They have broken how the tv was advertised ie future proof. 

Im going to issue samsung with a notice from the small claims court. The form (MCOL) is £105 and can be easily found through the  government website or email ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk. They are really helpful.  Ive used samsungs address as

Samsung Electronics UK 

Samsung House 

1000 Hillswood Drive 

Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS 

Received a email back from the small claims court. The process can take 4 to 6 weeks to process then may require going to a county court house in front of a judge if samsung fights your case. 

G G
41 REPLIES 41
RWK2000
First Poster
Options

Sounds very thorough and I'd imagine they'd have had multiple claims of similar nature and have piles of documents to support thier case. Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure what I'll do don't fancy being out of pocket any further. But at the same time think that the fact I'd need to buy a new TV to meet the minimum standards. Disappointing. 

0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options

Did you buy the UHD Evolution Kit (SEK-3500U) when it came out ?

0 Likes
RWK2000
First Poster
Options

Nope as I didn't see it offering much of an improvement and thought something else would come out. You know like they said they'd do... 

0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options

I did it cost me £400 it makes the tv support HDR and it has the hdmi 2.0b as well to support faster frame rates and so on. But again the HDR is just 8 bits which is the minimum standard for UHDTV. It dose improve the picture and the frame rates but it is nothing like the new setting and the only one that matters is dolby vision that is the new standard and the best for the future of tv's at the minute. But if I knew what I do now I would never of got it as you can buy a HDR 10 bit tv with better settings and picture for £500 now days any way. That box is well over priced it should be at max £100 now days. 

0 Likes
RWK2000
First Poster
Options

I agree £400 is ridiculous. Would you say it's worth getting? Not even sure they are in stock anymore. 

0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options
No don't buy one better to get a new tv but if you do find one cheap less then £100 it is a improvement which you will notice but it is not worth more then £100 the picture is no were near as good as a HDR 10 bits tv which you can get for £500 for a 55 inch screen
0 Likes
RWK2000
First Poster
Options

True, would be better if I went ahead with the case and got my money back for this TV I'm stuck with. Hmmmmm

0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options
Yes that would be great how much was the tv you got?
0 Likes
RWK2000
First Poster
Options

It was £1599 not worth it, could get a fantastic TV now. Truely gutted as thought it would be good for a while. I'd take the ego kit off you if you don't want it anymore or you've got new TV. £400 lol

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

Future proofing and future ready is a advertising fine line allegedly.

G G
0 Likes