Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9000 evolution kit

(Topic created on: 06-06-2017 08:20 PM)
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

As once again samsung has released no intentions of bringing out a evolution kit for the F9000 series tv this year (based on remarks made at C.E.S). And not one last year. They have broken how the tv was advertised ie future proof. 

Im going to issue samsung with a notice from the small claims court. The form (MCOL) is £105 and can be easily found through the  government website or email ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk. They are really helpful.  Ive used samsungs address as

Samsung Electronics UK 

Samsung House 

1000 Hillswood Drive 

Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS 

Received a email back from the small claims court. The process can take 4 to 6 weeks to process then may require going to a county court house in front of a judge if samsung fights your case. 

G G
41 REPLIES 41
RWK2000
First Poster
Options

Right. But my arguement is based on the suggestion that the TV can be compatible with future uhd standards without buying a new TV. Based on this my unit is not able to meet current uhd standards and I am in the position where I need a new TV. The argument about future would need to be given some common sense approach, I would not expect the TV to be upto date for the next 10 years. 

0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options

I was also told that they could do new evolution kits but the screen dose not support the new  Technology like HDR 10 or Dolby vision. So the Tv has gone as far as it can so their is no point in them wasting their time and money doing new evolution kits for out dated Technology. I was advised if I want to stay up to date and have the best tv to join the Samsung upgrade program. Which mean you pay so much per month and each year you can upgrade to the latest tv on the market.

0 Likes
RWK2000
First Poster
Options

Was this advised by the courts or Samsung. Sounds like another marketing ploy. 

0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options
It was Samsung defence they told the court that in 2013,14 and 2015 so when the TV was sold and advertised the technology had not been invented yet. They said that the tv can handle all UHD content so it is not false advertising. The invention of the HDR, HDR 10 and dolby vision has made the tv a lower picture quality to their new range of 2017. Also 3 years was classed as long enough to be classed as future proof at the time of the advertising from Samsung.
0 Likes
RWK2000
First Poster
Options

I see all valid points. My arguement would be that they advertised the TV would be compatible with future uhd standards as hdr is included as a uhd standards as per the uhd alliance (which samsung a are members of). Hdr started becoming avaliable in mid 2016. Whilst the TV may not be capable of displaying hdr content this is still a uhd standard recognised by the uhd alliance. 

Did you have to attend court or did a judge settle your case remotely? 

0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options

They also said they have joined the ULTRA HD PREMIUM program so it meets all requirements to be classed as a 4K UHDTV going forward. But again back in 2013,14 and 2015. They were cutting edge TV sets for that time and for the future until the invention of HDR into tv's and even since 2016 when HDR was put into their tv's. The technology has improved again and the 2016 models are now out dated compared to the dolby vision, HDR 1000,2000 and the only way to say up to date is to buy the newest model or join the update program. As nothing last forever and breaking new technology is all ways being worked on.

0 Likes
RWK2000
First Poster
Options

But that's my point, I'd need to buy a new TV,  which advertising for the TV suggested I'd not have to do as they could be kept upto date. This was a huge selling point for me, should I have known what I know now I'd have purchased another TV and not spent as much.

Did you have to attend court? 

0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options
I'm disabled and on machines so I can't leave my home were I'm on 24 hour care. My solicitor handled the case with the advice from citizens advice bureau and the advertising standards agency. He though we had a good strong case but Samsung had a answer for every thing and of course we lost my case.
0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options

Also I know what you are saying about your TV but it did meet the standards for UHD content and even today's standards. They say HDR is another feature and not necessary to watch UHD content. It is just an improvement and a future of the TV screen. The tv I have with the 2015 update evolution kit dose support HDR 8 bit which is what the screen can handle. But the new HDR, HDR 1000,2000 and dolby vision is a picture enhancement not necessary to watch UHD content. Which in turn means my tv is still up to date as it meets UHD minimum standards. It is sad but I think my solicitor did all he could do in court.

0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options

Unless any one knows any different I could not see how we could of won the case. 

0 Likes