Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9000 evolution kit

(Topic created on: 11-01-2017 11:34 AM)
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

As once again samsung has released no intentions of bringing out a evolution kit for the F9000 series tv this year (based on remarks made at C.E.S). And not one last year. They have broken how the tv was advertised ie future proof. 

Im going to issue samsung with a notice from the small claims court. The form (MCOL) is £105 and can be easily found through the  government website or email ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk. They are really helpful.  Ive used samsungs address as

Samsung Electronics UK 

Samsung House 

1000 Hillswood Drive 

Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS 

Received a email back from the small claims court. The process can take 4 to 6 weeks to process then may require going to a county court house in front of a judge if samsung fights your case. 

G G
41 REPLIES 41
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

We’re sorry that it has come to this, @Ginga_p. Your claim will be thoroughly investigated once it is received by the team.

Since the launch of the F9000 series in 2013, we have taken advantage of the Future Ready design releasing two Evolution kits; the SEK-2500 (2014) and the SEK-3500 (2015), which both allow for connections to a UHD B Player and Sky Q. We have checked with our colleagues in the product team who have confirmed there are no current plans to release further kits at this time.

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for the reply. Im aware there has only been two evolution kits released and dont see this as future proofing as the tv was clearly sold as. And am also aware these evolution kits will connect happily to many products. Ive decided to do this after the recent successful case brought against samsung by Michael collins for not bring out advertised follow up evolution kit for a 2013 plasma tv in the usa.
G G
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

As once again samsung has released no intentions of bringing out a evolution kit for the F9000 series tv this year (based on remarks made at C.E.S). And not one last year. They have broken how the tv was advertised ie future proof. 

Im going to issue samsung with a notice from the small claims court. The form (MCOL) is £105 and can be easily found through the government website or email ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk. they are really helpful. make sure you have your original receipt as proof of purchase as you need this. Ive used samsungs address as

Samsung Electronics UK 

Samsung House 

1000 Hillswood Drive 

Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS 

Received a email back from the small claims court. The process can take 4 to 6 weeks to process then may require going to a county court house in front of a judge if samsung fights your case. 

G G

G G
0 Likes
tipes
Apprentice
Options

I too am dissapointed that Samsung have not lived up to promises. I am however not going to go the small claims court route, as I am disabled and dont fancy all the work involved. I will say though that Samsung have seriously let us down here, and I am equally disgusted.

It is no doubt false advertising by Samsung, and they should be ashamed. This for me has spoilt what is/was a good product overall, but given the very high price I paid for it - this leaves a nasty taste in my mouth, and I will have to think twice before trusting Samsung again in future.

Come on Samsung do the right thing by your loyal customers.

Mark

Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

I will let you know now it goes. Theres also a few people in the usa trying to get a class action suit together against Samsung for false advertising hopefully they will which would set precedent  for a class action suit over here.

G G
0 Likes
tipes
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Please do let me know how it goes. Think they should be held to account over this issue, and good luck with your claim.

Mark

0 Likes
tipes
Apprentice
Options

Hope you dont mind - added you to my friends list.

Mark

0 Likes
Mattslod
Apprentice
Options

i know what u mean i got the flagship tv ue55hu8500 when it came out. As it was sold as FUTURE READY it was a real selling point for me. As the price was very high at £2700 when it came out. I though it would  get updated to stay inline with the new models to come. But like everyone else samsung has let us down and its miles behind now. This is how it was sold to  me 

FUTURE READY

UHD Smart Evolution Kit

Unique to Samsung, the UHD Smart Evolution Kit² completely reengineers your TV without having to replace it. The HU8500 is compatible with all current UHD connected sources and can be upgraded to be compatible with future UHD standards as well.

oh course its not true no update for 2 years now not good at all.

tipes
Apprentice
Options

Any developments on your claim against Samsung?

Mark

0 Likes