Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

External subtitles not working UE32M5502

(Topic created on: 17-11-2017 11:56 PM)
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

Hello,

Just purchsed a new smart tv, model UE32M5502 and it seems it does not load external subtitles when the movie is streamed via DLNA: plex, serviio. My subtitles are .SRT, in the same folder as the movie is, with the same name.

Tried with adding language code in file name, it does not work either.

How on earth it fails with such a basic thing? Anyone having an idea what to do? Is it the TV, is it the dlna server not knowing how to pass the subtitle?

0 Likes
Go to solution
28 REPLIES 28
Gyyyyym
First Poster
Options

Similar problem but I decided to go old school. I took my media on USB to the TV to play that way... Usually there is the setting under 'options' where when playing the file you can select the subtitles. That option doesn't even show up. 

Anyone else found this? 

It's like all external sub support has been removed since last upgrade... This has all worked perfectly for me in the past without any intervention... Oh and try calling Samsung lol what a joke 'there is a problem with your file sir' 

0 Likes
Old_Blooom
First Poster
Options

Thanks. This fixed the problem

0 Likes
onlajn7
Journeyman
Options

I have .mkv file and separate .srt for subtitles (same names), when playing from USB disk subtitles are displayed but when playing from DLNA server then I cannot see subtitles.  I tried all possible options but without success.
Can you please fix this so the .srt are also displayed when watching from DLNA server???

0 Likes
jDev
First Poster
Options

Open Serviio and choose the DLNA profile for your TV, in the Serviio console, as Samsung J series.

Save and reset your server.

Don't forget to activate the subtitling in the TV options also.

0 Likes
onlajn7
Journeyman
Options

@onlajn7 wrote:

I have .mkv file and separate .srt for subtitles (same names), when playing from USB disk subtitles are displayed but when playing from DLNA server then I cannot see subtitles.  I tried all possible options but without success.
Can you please fix this so the .srt are also displayed when watching from DLNA server???

Hi,

It seems that this functionality depends on DLNA server. For example I have two raspberry pi devices, on one is Libreelec DLNA activated and here subtitles are not forwarded to TV but in another raspberry pi device I am using mini DLNA server and from here I can watch movies together with subtitles on Q70 TV.

BR

0 Likes
Rahul3
First Poster
Options

Issue may be occurring because of the update, if you didn't checked for Update then you should go for it

0 Likes
hayhant2
First Poster
Options

Tu 8500   (2020 tv)

Connect to pc same wifi

tv play video and audio but nothing srt files  (try  I can  mkv again not srt files tv)

help please

0 Likes
bleckmeister1g
Journeyman
Options

to who ever has the problem i have found a workaround but you need either windows7 or some text editor in windows 10.

The problem was that even tho subs work fine on other media(pc, other tvs) at samsung they are gibberish. In order to make the work you open the file with notepad on windows 7 and press Save As and save it as UNICODE format and not utf8

0 Likes
Hexel1913
First Poster
Options

I have a new series 4 24 inch Samsung Smart TV (in my home office). I have switched on the subtitles in the TV menu but  when I play movie on Amazon Prime App it does not work. Can anyone help? I would be very grateful. Thanks. Just reply to another message as canon find out how to post new conversation

0 Likes