Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting the Channel list

(Topic created on: 16-08-2017 05:11 PM)
kalidor
Apprentice
Options

I have just bought a new Samsung TV UE22k5500 and when I export the channel list to my USB stick it is a zip file.

I have two other Samsung TV, different models and when I export their channel list the file is a "scm file" which I can open and edit with a small programme called SamsChannelEditor but this programme does not recognise the zip file even when extracted. Is there any way I can edit the zip file and if not what is the point of being able to export it. Thanks all.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
kalidor
Apprentice
Options
Sorted, found a programme that sorts all tv channels called ChanSort 2016-08-10
vikatw
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same problem with a UE48JU674 where it exports only a .zip file and not a .scm and neither Samsung Channel Sorter nor ChanSort recognizes the file. Any tips or solutions? Thank you

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @vikatw.

Wouldn't recommend editing by any third party tools/programs - but editing the channels to your preference can be done once the transfer has been done to the other TV.

I assume that you've exported the channel list to USB by Broadcasting > Transfer Channel List?

0 Likes
vikatw
First Poster
Options

Yes, I transferred the channel list to USB via the Samsung menu on the TV, channel settings / Transfer channel list. The exported channel list cannot be read by my computer or any program. 

I don't know that you are referring to another TV? I want to edit the channels on my PC since I have most channels multiple times, resulting in thousands of unneeded channels in no particular order. Sorting this on the TV would take me days / weeks hence why I need to export it to my PC to edit it there. 

Whichever program can do that would work for me. Thanks

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries @vikatw. :smileyhappy:

I'm afraid I'm unable to advise using third-party programs (or recommend any), but it may be that someone else in the Community (like the thread OP @kalidor) can help you out here.

(Edit: I've temporarily removed the Accepted Solution flag so that it's more likely that someone from the Community will help out.)

0 Likes
kalidor
Apprentice
Options

If you have exported a scm file you need a programme "SamsChannelEditor. But if it has exported as a zip file you will need a programme called "ChanSort"  I have 3 Samsung TV and so (I have both programmes installed on my PC.

0 Likes
vikatw
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for the quick response. It does export the zip file and have tried ChanSort however it does not recognize the file. Anything specific I need to do? 

0 Likes
kalidor
Apprentice
Options

I am using ChanSort V2016-08-10 Go to file/Open TV data file and then locate your saved zip file and it should open. Good luck.

0 Likes
Si2Bim
Student
Options

Anybody knows how to export channel list on this model:

QE55Q7FNATXZG

0 Likes