Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ERROR_MODEL_BIND

(Topic created on: 20-10-2018 05:33 PM)
Annie98
Student
Options

My Samsung Smart TV UE46EH5300 suddenly refused to connect to the internet, displaying the error message ERROR_MODEL_BIND. What should I do?

140 REPLIES 140
marinamarian
Apprentice
Options

The option Software update was greyed out for me. Had to go to Menu-System-Setup and reinstall the tv, along with channels and all.

pcampbell
First Poster
Options

The software update option is greyed out for me, i am connected to the internet wired and the tv verifies it is connected? Any ideas how I can enable this?

0 Likes
TLS
Student
Options

Thanks!! This worked for me 😁👍

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@pcampbell wrote:

The software update option is greyed out for me, i am connected to the internet wired and the tv verifies it is connected? Any ideas how I can enable this?

Hi @pcampbell  Could try unplugging but if that does not work you would need to do a factoy reset, the method detailed by  @marinamarian  in the post above yours.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Lucasdem
First Poster
Options

15377556596222133837568.jpg

Mi samsung smart no me permite bajar app y me dice que no esta conectado error-model -bind y me aparece error 012 

0 Likes
dontknow
First Poster
Options

I managed to fix same problem with my telly by pressing menu, support, software update and then scrolled down to alternative software. hope this helps.

0 Likes
dontknow
First Poster
Options
when you go on to software update via menu, scroll down to alternative software
0 Likes
mrdblack
First Poster
Options

I tried software update over internet - no update available so no joy.  I tried the Alternative Software option & had an option to upgrade to version 002007.  I did this, followed the instructions & problem solved !  Thank you everyone DB

0 Likes
Un4600es6100
First Poster
Options

After five years of my TV being unable to connect to the Internet it and after multiple phone calls and hours on the phone being passed back-and-forth between customer service representatives not to mention being lied to. I have finally found a solution for the error_model_bind issue! Remove all of the screws on the back of the TV and remove the bezel around the screen under the left speaker you will find Your Wi-Fi dongle also known as a LAN card.  Remove the LAN Card and blow it out then reinstall. Your TV will now be able to connect to the Internet once again.

0 Likes
Jcdavies
First Poster
Options

I am also getting this message.

im showing as connected with 100% strength.

ive tried to follow your suggestion software update, but it won’t allow me to click on it.  It says function not available.

ive also tried Reset but it’s asking for a pin? I’ve never set a pin?

0 Likes