Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ERROR_MODEL_BIND

(Topic created on: 11-01-2018 05:15 PM)
Annie98
Student
Options

My Samsung Smart TV UE46EH5300 suddenly refused to connect to the internet, displaying the error message ERROR_MODEL_BIND. What should I do?

140 REPLIES 140
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all.

There is a software update to 2008.0 or later but this is only available from the Samsung website page for your TV as a download to USB. Could you try to install this and let us know if this solves the problem?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tiff wrote:

Hi, I'e been getting the  ERROR_MODEL_BIND message for a couple of weeks and vannot connect to the internet. Please help!

If it worked OK when you first got it and then stopped working  then it does look like a fault. If it's less than 30 day's old ask for a replacement or refund. If over ask for a repair.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi all.

There is a software update to 2008.0 or later but this is only available from the Samsung website page for your TV as a download to USB. Could you try to install this and let us know if this solves the problem?

Why does Samsung not update the TV's using the over the air auto method? It would be far easier for your customers. Also I would have thought Samsung would know if the update will fix the issue!

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I've had it for years and its worked fine. Just the last two weeks we've had this error. When you say ask for a repair, where do I go for that? 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tiff wrote:

Hi

I've had it for years and its worked fine. Just the last two weeks we've had this error. When you say ask for a repair, where do I go for that? 

I think best bet is Samsung Support,  but it sounds like a fault, unless you have updated the firm ware which caused it.

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options
The only updates I've ever done are the automatic updates that pop up. I thought this was Samsung Support. Is it not?
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tiff wrote:
The only updates I've ever done are the automatic updates that pop up. I thought this was Samsung Support. Is it not?

No this is Samsung forums. I am another owner. The moderators are from Samsung

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options
Do you have this fault too?
0 Likes
Pino59
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem (ERROR_MODEL_BIND) with my UE46ES63000, what should I do to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Giuseppe

0 Likes
Tv12
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with the same model of TV but I have had my TV for almost 5 years and it has never been able to connect to the internet. 

I contacted Samsung support but their offices are based in the Philippines and the guy on the phone could barely speak English. 

Are there any other Samsung telephone numbers to register a complaint for this problem as it’s obviously more common than I thought?

0 Likes