Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Do Ultra HD TVs with TV Plus also have Freeview HD?

(Topic created on: 23-01-2018 10:43 PM)
Shaunf
Journeyman
Options

I’m looking to buy a Samsung Ultra HD TV and I notice that none of the spec lists for TVs with TV Plus tuners mention Freeview HD tuners. Does this mean that Samsung TVs with TV Plus tuners don’t have Freeview HD tuners? Personally I can see how TV Plus would be a nice addition to Freeview HD, but I can’t see how it would replace Freeview HD.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Shaunf wrote:

I’m looking to buy a Samsung Ultra HD TV and I notice that none of the spec lists for TVs with TV Plus tuners mention Freeview HD tuners. Does this mean that Samsung TVs with TV Plus tuners don’t have Freeview HD tuners? Personally I can see how TV Plus would be a nice addition to Freeview HD, but I can’t see how it would replace Freeview HD.

@Anonymous User @Shaunf,  Indeed Samsung Ultra HD TV's  do have Freeview HD Tuners-perhaps not mentioned as pretty standard. You do of course need to have an aerial connected to pick up the  Freeview channels(not the case with Tv Plus).  I have a satellite Box  and haven't used Freeview much on my Samsung set but did tune them in fine.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Shaunf wrote:

@Anonymous User @Shaunf,  Indeed Samsung Ultra HD TV's  do have Freeview HD Tuners-perhaps not mentioned as pretty standard. You do of course need to have an aerial connected to pick up the  Freeview channels(not the case with Tv Plus).  I have a satellite Box  and haven't used Freeview much on my Samsung set but did tune them in fine.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Mine has freeview HD tuner, but probably will not use it. I would imagine thought under the tv spec etc will state this when buying the tv?

0 Likes
chuckcharl
Explorer
Options

Hope you manage to get the advertised 10 Free Ultra HD Movie Rental Vouchers, purchased my Ultra HD TV Jan 10th, still waiting for vouchers.  Emailed ,"help.tvplus" several times, not even the courtesy of a reply

0 Likes
Shaunf
Journeyman
Options

I completely forgot about the movie vouchers, how do you apply?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Shaunfwrote:

I completely forgot about the movie vouchers, how do you apply?

@Shaunf Info is on The Free UHD Movies Thread , my  post  - no2  on page 1 shows you how to apply .  I will link here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Free-UHD-films/m-p/371053#M6730    The original e mail provided was incorrect and has been amended in link. I've also edited my post to avoid any confusion.    There is also visual guide on page 5  (6th post) by @AntS which shows you how to check  promotional credits have been applied.  httpshttps://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Free-UHD-films/td-p/369814/page/5://eu.commu...