Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Disable Wireless & Bluetooth

(Topic created on: 08-08-2018 11:54 AM)
t1ck3ts
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Just bought a new T.V, and im pretty shocked at the rubish options menu, stupid me for not doing enough homework before buying the T.V, so this is on me. :thinking-face:

TV Model #: UE55MU6015

I NEED to disable Wireless and Bluetooth access to my T.V, i dont use it, so there is no need for them to be running.
To make matters even worse, i have roughly 13-27 notifications of devices trying to connect to my T.V via Wireless and Bluetooth, on a daily bases, none of which, can be turned off in the menu's

So before i pack this T.V back in its box and get my refund, is there any why for me to turn these services off?

40 REPLIES 40
Solution
DannyT
Options
Hi there, @t1ck3ts.

You'd have to talk to a engineer about that as the only way to do this, is to access a menu that is only for use by authorized engineers and if you were to do something wrong by accident, it could potentially void the warranty. We'd advise giving our colleagues a call on 0330 726 7864, who will be able to organise an engineer for you.

Welcome to the Community!

t1ck3ts
Apprentice
Options

+33, i believe, is France calling code.

Is this the only way of getting in touch with an Engineer or is there another number to call, perhaps in Finland?

edit:

I think i've found the number: 0306227515
I'll give this number a call and see if they can help me.

Thanks

DannyT
Options
We're based in the UK here. But if you're in Finland, the number for you would be 0306227515.

This would be the only way to disable Bluetooth and keep your warranty in tact.

Welcome to the Community!

ncri
Explorer
Options

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue. Really annoying!

0 Likes
t1ck3ts
Apprentice
Options

@ncri wrote:

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue. Really annoying!

Got to phone in and get one of their techs to remote into your tv to dissable it. (They will need the code presented on the tv when enabling remote access)

Although i packed up the TV and returned it for a refund, was not going to put up with a TV that i have 0 control over.
Word of advice, dont bother with it and return the TV.

Will be doing my homework going forward for any new TV it seems, being locked out of an option that should be given to the user, is just plane stupid.

ncri
Explorer
Options

Indeed, this is very annoying. However, the TV is very good otherwise, so I will probably go for the remote disable option. Thanks for the info!

ncri
Explorer
Options

Okay, I tried this, but unfortunately the Samsung Phone Support had no clue how to fully disable wireless remotely. They will escalate the issue and come back to me (hopefully).

supazeez
Student
Options

go on youtube to watch how to disable the bluetooth feature 

ncri
Explorer
Options

Actually you need to enter the hidden service menu to disable wifi and bluetooth. You find instructions on how to open it on youtube for example. You need a universal remote and enter a key combination. Works perfectly. However, by disabling bluetooth i discovered that the normal samsung remote actually relies on it. Without bluetooth, most keys won't work anymore. I was only able to switch on and off the tv with bluetooth disabled. That is really bad, no idea why samsung did it this way, IR should be fine to handle everything. Using the universal remote I can still use all the functions though.