Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark strip on screen (NU8000 75)

(Topic created on: 10-02-2019 12:01 AM)
flavo
First Poster
Options

Hi just wondering if anyone knows what may have caused this, it wasn't there when I turned it on but now the next morning has showed up. Is it a software bug or faulty screen?

Thanks15496851400117406245231301841895.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
TracyR
Options

Hey @flavo 

Can you try a picture test on your TV? 

Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test. 

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
rickon
Apprentice
Options

I got something similar after updating firmware 1262

But i got the MU8009 75 , the elder version of your tv from 2017 in Germany

Did you make any firmware updates??

Look at the pictures below in the next post

0 Likes
rickon
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Apadams
Explorer
Options

Its an issue with samsung screens im on my fourth and ive still got an issue samsung just keep sending out engineers to replace screen but same thing happens and once warranty runs out itll cost a fortune. The engineer mentioned that its to do with a betclouse or something sounding similar not sure how its spelt or what it is but he said it was this that causes the problem.

0 Likes
General Mayhem
First Poster
Options

I've found a resolution to this issue and I think I've identified the cause as well. If you are currently having this issue, I corrected it by disconnecting EVERYTHING from the back of my TV. HDMI cables especially. Put a bit of tape around them and mark them so you know where they go when you're done. The last thing is unplugging the power as well. Don't just turn off the surge protector. Unplug it completely. Not sure why this is necessary, but it's the way I did it. Leave everything off for 5 minutes or so. Then hook everything back up and turn your TV back on. This resolved my issue. I will add what I think is quite an important fact. My set is a SHARP, not Samsung. Which would imply that the problem is not specific to any particular make of television. I noticed after I fixed the problem that when the phone rang, caller ID is displayed in the top right of the TV. The same dark band appears to offset the white print of the caller ID. Once the caller ID is off, the dark band disappears. So I believe this is where the issue begins. With any luck, the manufacturers will see this and come up with a fix to keep it from happening. Good luck! Peace....

General Mahem

0 Likes