Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dailymotion app on Smart TV stopped working

(Topic created on: 12-05-2018 05:54 PM)
Rick17
Explorer
Options

Hello.
The Dailymotion app on my Samsung Smart TV is not working. I tried today and it freezes while starting up (the video with the spinning wheel). I don't how long has it been like this, because it had been a while since I last time I used the app (some months ago). I've tried reinstalling it but it happens all the same.

Is there anybody in the community who knows how to fix this?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
acemix76
First Poster
Options

15397992977832390723401726234894.jpg

Nope, still not working... Trying all the above, reset, dns... still the same! Everything else in smart hub it's working fine except dailymotion app..

0 Likes
AB26
Journeyman
Options
Same issue with new samsung Q6A49, netflix and dailymotion apps, not able to load completely while youtube app works. Tried all the above DNS manual, reset smart apps, power off, firmware update etc..
Accessing using the TV internet browser give no result, video can t play either.
0 Likes
AB26
Journeyman
Options

If you still face issues, please refer to the subject: Netflix app refuses to open (Samsung Q6F).

0 Likes
j_m
First Poster
Options

I think I solved it. They updated the app so you need to cast the video from a cellphone with the dailmotion app installed. If your TV doesn't support casting you'll might need a Chromecast and WiFi, but I have all that and got it to work. (This is the same way Twitch works.)

Ironically though I only needed to do this because Samsung's built in web browser can't access the Dailymotion website anymore. So it's always something!