Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Amazon Fire Stick by Samsung Smart tv remote

(Topic created on: 01-04-2020 01:40 AM)
SR50
Apprentice
Options

I recently purchased a Samsung Smart TV  ( UN75RU800DFXZA ). I connected a Amazon Fire 4k tv stick. After connecting fire stick, the tv automatically sync the remote. So I can control fire stick with Samsung TV Remote (also with fire stick remote) and this is greate. But the problem is, I can go to the Home page of amazon fire stick with samsung remote. Once i press the HOME button of the Samsung remote, it opens the Smart hub of the tv, not the amazon fire stick home page. to go to the fire home page i have to use fire remote, which is annoying. Can any one tell me how to navigate to amazon fire stick home page using samsung smart report while using any app on the fire stick?

29 REPLIES 29
AndrewL
Options
@SR50: To troubleshoot this issue, please try connecting the Amazon Fire Stick to an alternate HDMI port to see if this helps (I'd recommend trying them all). Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
SR50
Apprentice
Options

thanks for the idea. but I dont think this will solve the problem. I will definately try this. But, as per my understanding, in that case another problem will arrive. Let me explain the scenario -

Steps:

(using Samsung smart remote only in all steps)

1. with samsung remote, I switched to "Fire Stick" as source - AMazon Home page displayed

2. Open an app  in from "Fire Stick" - App is running from "Fire Stick"

3. Click on HOME button - Smart Hub opens ( didnt open amazon home page) 

question is - how can I open amazon home page here at step 3? 

Now, as per your solution, I switch fire stick to diffrent HDMI port and then come to step 3. Now, if it navigates to "Amazon Home" Page after clicking on Home button, then how will I be able to open "Smart Hub"?

Please try to understand the scenario.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
As an alternative approach, rather than hitting the Home button to navigate back to the Amazon home page, can you use the direction arrows on the remote to go back, or select an on-screen 'back' option, to return to the Amazon home screen after viewing content?
0 Likes
lweigler
First Poster
Options

Did you find a solution to this?  We have the same problem.  Fortunately most apps on the fire stick have an option to exit... but I agree, you should be able to just click the home button on the Samsung remote to go back to the main menu of the fire stick.  If you figure this out, I would LOVE to know how!  Thank you!

0 Likes
SR50
Apprentice
Options

Didnt find any solution yet. There is problem while using the back button to go to Home page. I usually watch some videos from a website where login is required. If I use back button to go to Home page, then it logs me out from that site.

0 Likes
SR50
Apprentice
Options

Hi  AndrewL

I tried back button before even posting the issue here. Thats not a good solution. 

There is problem while using the back button to go to Home page. I usually watch some videos from a website where login is required. If I use back button to go to Home page, then it logs me out from that site.

Also, if navigate 15 /20 pages, then I will have to press back button 15/20 times to go to Home page.

So, do you think this is a good solution? 

WiggyPA
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. The back button works but it's not an ideal solution. 

0 Likes
johnyblazer
First Poster
Options

I am Looking for the Solutions. 

0 Likes
RichLess
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately there is no known solution for this other than turning the TV off and then turning back on. That's what I have to do when I'm using an app that I can't exit out of. When you do this the firestick returns to the home screen when you turn it back on. 

0 Likes