Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codec AV1 Youtube 8K

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 06:03 AM)
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all! Is there any chance to get the codec AV1 to play youtube 8K videos on the Q900R,Q950R,Q900RB? Like new Samsung models Q950T  presented at CES 2020 will be able to play 8K videos on YT, what about us owners of 2018 model? Thanks

156 REPLIES 156
hrking2001
Journeyman
Options

Good question, as a Q900R owner I would be hugely disappointed if they didn't support Youtbue 8k (via AV1).

Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@hrking2001 wrote:

Good question, as a Q900R owner I would be hugely disappointed if they didn't support Youtbue 8k (via AV1).

Right! I owe a Q900RA myself and we got the hdmi 2.1 upgrade and i'm hoping we receive the same treatment for the AV1, the italian support told me they still don't know what's the next plans about because it's "early" , but let's raise our voice :smiling-face: 

MietiSam
Journeyman
Options

@Noirdog wrote:

@hrking2001 wrote:

Right! I owe a Q900RA myself and we got the hdmi 2.1 upgrade and i'm hoping we receive the same treatment for the AV1, the italian support told me they still don't know what's the next plans about because it's "early" , but let's raise our voice :smiling-face: 

I'm Italian too, i received the upgraded ocb in November. Now i can only hope we get 8k on Youtube, because right now the only things i can see in 8k are Chili's Documentaries. I tried to connect my Pc with the Vega 64 via hdmi to the Hdmi 4 of the upgraded OCB but, the 8k option shows up on windows but does not work properly ( This is how it looks when i set 8k res in windows)

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

Hi Noirdog, I also got a Q900R (I think... It is a Q900RATXXC), how did you get the upgrade to the HDMI 2.1 ?

Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@PeerNorway wrote:

Hi Noirdog, I also got a Q900RA (I think... It is a Q900RATXXC), how did you get the upgrade to the HDMI 2.1 ?

Hi! Contact Samsung Support :smiling-face: they will send you a new One Connect Box

Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@MietiSam wrote:

@Noirdog wrote:

@hrking2001 wrote:

I'm Italian too, i received the upgraded ocb in November. Now i can only hope we get 8k on Youtube, because right now the only things i can see in 8k are Chili's Documentaries. I tried to connect my Pc with the Vega 64 via hdmi to the Hdmi 4 of the upgraded OCB but, the 8k option shows up on windows but does not work properly ( This is how it looks when i set 8k res in windows)

Ciao :smiling-face:  get in touch with Samsung Support to solve the issue, more the people more the chances, it doesn't make sense to leave us with no AV1 

Lord_Sirius_a
Explorer
Options

Hola  yo soy español y estoy con el mismo problema tengo  la q950r del 2019 y samsung españa no sabe nada de futuras actualizaciones. Hay que unirse parabque hagan algo.💪💪💪💪💪

Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@Lord_Sirius_a wrote:

Hola  yo soy español y estoy con el mismo problema tengo  la q950r del 2019 y samsung españa no sabe nada de futuras actualizaciones. Hay que unirse parabque hagan algo.💪💪💪💪💪

Hola, thanks for your info, in Italy Samsung told me the same.. 🥶

0 Likes
Lord_Sirius_a
Explorer
Options
Hola sabemos algo nuevo de samsung respecto a este tema?
Llevo toda la vida comprando tvs de samsung pero como esto siga asi me parece que lg sera mi siguiente tv. Esto es una verguenza, comprarte hace un mes una tv que no podra reproducir videos streaming en 8k. Verguenza.