Support

Open search

Changing location in ambient mode?

It took me a while to find this. If you go into the setting under the SmartThings App  under Advance Features there is a toggle that says Use Phone Location. Thia might help update the weather location. I have a Samsung Q8F. Will see if this works and let you know.

Apprentice

That did not help.

First Poster

Samsung don't care to solve this issue !! 

@CBismarck wrote:

It took me a while to find this. If you go into the setting under the SmartThings App  under Advance Features there is a toggle that says Use Phone Location. Thia might help update the weather location. I have a Samsung Q8F. Will see if this works and let you know.

You got lucky. Didn’t work for me. 

Wondering if you ever sorted this out as am keen to change our location too as don’t really need to know the weather in London!

Apprentice

@Kerryirwin wrote:

Wondering if you ever sorted this out as am keen to change our location too as don’t really need to know the weather in London!

Not really, although I eventually noticed that it’ll cycle through a handful of locations, ours being one of them. We don’t really use Ambient mode that much, it’s kind of a neat idea, but between the location thing and not being able to disable the sound fx (we could turn the tv down, obviously, but the sound fx interfere with audio coming through our Sonos, so if we want to have music playing we have to turn off Ambient Mode) it’s not that useful at this point. 

Top Liked Authors