Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing location in ambient mode?

(Topic created on: 03-03-2019 01:08 PM)
Davinho
Student
Options

I've been wanting to use the weather information option in ambient mode. However, I cannot seem to find out where I can set my location. It is currently showing as London, which is several hundred miles away from me.

Does anyone know where I can sort this out?

17 REPLIES 17
CBismarck
First Poster
Options

It took me a while to find this. If you go into the setting under the SmartThings App  under Advance Features there is a toggle that says Use Phone Location. Thia might help update the weather location. I have a Samsung Q8F. Will see if this works and let you know.

0 Likes
trusselo
Apprentice
Options

That did not help.

0 Likes
Qled_65
First Poster
Options

Samsung don't care to solve this issue !! 

0 Likes
Nickfuchs
First Poster
Options

@CBismarck wrote:

It took me a while to find this. If you go into the setting under the SmartThings App  under Advance Features there is a toggle that says Use Phone Location. Thia might help update the weather location. I have a Samsung Q8F. Will see if this works and let you know.

You got lucky. Didn’t work for me. 

0 Likes
Kerryirwin
First Poster
Options

Wondering if you ever sorted this out as am keen to change our location too as don’t really need to know the weather in London!

0 Likes
Akechuk
Apprentice
Options

@Kerryirwin wrote:

Wondering if you ever sorted this out as am keen to change our location too as don’t really need to know the weather in London!

Not really, although I eventually noticed that it’ll cycle through a handful of locations, ours being one of them. We don’t really use Ambient mode that much, it’s kind of a neat idea, but between the location thing and not being able to disable the sound fx (we could turn the tv down, obviously, but the sound fx interfere with audio coming through our Sonos, so if we want to have music playing we have to turn off Ambient Mode) it’s not that useful at this point. 

0 Likes
Jocelyn4
First Poster
Options

FYI

I logged out of my Samsung account on my The Frame TV and the ambient weather is still showing the weather for some "current location" that is NOT my location.

Samsung people, get your act together!

You created a beautiful experience, spent a lot of time and money on it, and you cannot get the smallest thing to work... weather information for an unknown wrong location is very frustrating... without ability to correct it

0 Likes
planBe
First Poster
Options

I found this post looking to update the same on my The Frame TV.  The internet was not very helpful and i spent too much time trying to figure it out.  But I found a quite simple solution.  I have Bixby set as my voice assistant and I used the command "Set my location to.... " and i was able to then confirm my City..  It seemed to work for me.  At least it started behaving as i had hoped, providing weather updates for where I live.

Hope this helps someone!

0 Likes