Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get HDD recording to work on new Samsung TV!

(Topic created on: 29-05-2019 04:42 PM)
Kieran5
Student
Options

Hi,

I recently bought a new 49" curved TV - Model UE49NU7300KXXU. Series 7 I believe.

Not my first samsung TV, but the best one by miles, in terms of picture quality.

However there is one thing I cannot get working and thats the TV recording to USB HDD feature (Timeshift/Scheduled Recording etc). I am using a 1TB Western Digital "My Passport AV-TV" HDD, specifically for TV recording and it works perfectly on my other two 32" samsung models. When I plug it into the two smaller models and go to "Guide" and try to record it does a disk performance test and a format etc and tells me the feature is now ready to use. However when I plug it into my new TV it sees it and asks me do I want to browse it, which I can, but I cannot get the record feature in the guide to appear. When I pres spause on live TV it just says "Not available".

I have done a factory reset of the new TV and the software version is the most up to date at 1152.8. Still no joy.

On the HDD, I have formatted the drive, deleted the partition and created a new simple volume etc. I have formatted in NTFS, FAT etc and changed type from MBR to GPT etc. Still nothing. I'm beginning to think the TV doesn't have the feature to record, despite having one of the USB ports marked as a HDD port, like to two older TVs. I also notice there is no actual record button on my remote, which is on the other two models.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Regards,

Kieran.

14 REPLIES 14
Kaz80
First Poster
Options

I will be returning my new Samsung UE43NU7020 as well if I can.  My 'old' TV, an entry level UE32H5500 is quicker to respond to remote control, has better navigation of TV guide and records to USB drive. Really cheeky of Samsung to sell a new TV with bolt standard features removed. 

Roblfcx5
Apprentice
Options
I am having same problem now with my 55inch samsung 7series I have the record button on my remote, I was thinking it's the external disc drive I bought toshiba hdd didnt work replaced it with amazon
Tried USB stick nothing waiting now for another hdd from amazon but now i see its pointless even trying it... Decent TV for the price but that a big no no TV going back..
They shouldnt have it on the tv if it don't work.. Stupidity isn't in it.
Roblfcx5
Apprentice
Options
record button is not on plenty of tv remotes but they still record by pressing the info button, my samsung remote as the record button and still won't.... So no Clue there.
Roblfcx5
Apprentice
Options
So the usb hdd timeshift don't work
Is there a way to use the hdmi to record live tv?
Is there such thing out there hdd using hdmi I only seem to see them with freeview tuners that record
Appreciate if anyone could tell me as Im not sure, I really like the tv so I would keep it if there was anything plus I have a spare hdmi slot to.
Thank in advance.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Not that I know of

0 Likes