Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Bixby working and lots of settings are Greyed out

(Topic created on: 25-11-2019 08:54 PM)
Jonnybuesnel
Journeyman
Options

Every time I go the the bixby voice settings I get the message, "a problem occurred while attempting to connect to the server. Please try again later". I am connected to the internet and all other apps work. I spoke at great length to a Customer Service agent who informed me that my Smart remote was faulty, so sent another one. It hasn't made any difference. I have reset the TV multiple times and now a lot of options are greyed out, including self-diagnosis. 
can anyone help? This is a brand new TV 

model number: QE55Q60RATXXU

it's driving me crazy, as Bixby still interrupts viewing and then says, "we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later."

30 REPLIES 30
Groucho_Manx
Student
Options
Don't have your email addr?
0 Likes
RobBrown
Student
Options

@Groucho_Manx wrote:
Don't have your email addr?

Hello there.

Thanks for getting back to me. It must have been removed from my reply for security purposes.
It's ****

0 Likes
Jonnybuesnel
Journeyman
Options

0 Likes
SarahP7
First Poster
Options

I also live in Jersey and have the same problem. As you cannot wrote emails here, can you just tell us what you did to fix the issue please? 
thanks 

0 Likes
RS22
First Poster
Options

We are also having the same issue with a brand new QLED tv and are in Jersey, very annoying.  Can the solution be posted

0 Likes
Jonnybuesnel
Journeyman
Options

The only work around I have found is to reset the TV and not set up the Bixby. At least it no longer interrupts my viewing. Not ideal - but will do. Fustrating that no one at Samsung can sort this out.

0 Likes
SarahP7
First Poster
Options

Mine doesn't interrupt, just doesn't do anything. Knew I shouldn't of gone with a Samsung, first and last time I'll buy this brand, thankfully I've saved the box and I'm going to return it. 

0 Likes
Sowb
First Poster
Options

I am also having same problem from Jersey.  Please did anyone manage to resolve this?  I just want to turn off the setting which enables voice commands without pushing the button on the remote, but can't interact with the setting because it returns an error.

0 Likes
Nicole25
First Poster
Options

I live in Jersey and am having the same problem! Would appreciate any ideas to help. Spoken to Jersey Telecom, Samsung and Powerhouse.

0 Likes
Jonnybuesnel
Journeyman
Options
I totally reset the TV and just decided not to set up Bixby. I am happy that it doesn’t interrupt my viewing - as that was infuriating! Especially as it couldn’t connect to the server.
0 Likes