Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot access analogue channels on UE40K5600

(Topic created on: 28-02-2019 06:44 PM)
Philip1
Apprentice
Options

Bought tv yesterday and want to install one analogue channel for Sky via magic eye but nothing on the remote allows me to do this. I have set the tv up with terrestial aerial. All the digital channels installed fine.

Can anybody help please?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gurts wrote:

@npm wrote:

Assuming you are in the UK...

The UK's Analogue TV service ended around 6 year ago (24th October 2012).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogue_terrestrial_television_in_the_United_Kingdom

If you want to watch TV, you need to scan for Digital Channels!

I can't believe no one was able to help you with this sooner, but you probably have it working by now.

How do I change the setting of analogue to digital? Only analogue available as option.

Hi @Gurts, is there no setting for Digital and Analogue maybe via a Drop down  Menu, possibly you may need to reset.  can you provide the model no of your Tv and ensure you have the latest update.?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Gearb
First Poster
Options

I think I’m still having the problem you had as can’t get to analogue channel for sky in other rooms .

how did you finally crack it ?

thanks

0 Likes
npm
Journeyman
Options

You search for "Digital" channels.

There have not been Analogue channels for many years!

0 Likes
Philip1
Apprentice
Options

True but you may need analogue if you have other tvs which are linked to a sky box via rf output via coax cables and which only transfer analogue signals.

So on your Samsung TV:

Settings

Auto Tuning

Start

Aerial or Dish

Channel Type

Digital & Analogue or Digital or Analogue

And that should do it.

0 Likes
npm
Journeyman
Options

Oh and if it's not there, maybe try updating your TV's firmware?

0 Likes
Gearb
First Poster
Options

Thanks for trying to help.

i realise I have a different and probably older model TV to yours . Sadly can’t get any software update and am now resigned that my sky widget won’t work in my second room .

Thanks  again 

0 Likes
Bilyous
First Poster
Options

i have the answer, at least for my new Tizen model.  Apparently when scanning for channels, there are only two choices, AIR and CABLE.  Since I do not use cable, I chose AIR, but the scan only programmed the digital channel.  The strongest channel in my area has a primary which is analogue.  After trying in frustration multiple times, I found what happened.  Apparently this new model does not program those analogue channels.  Instead, they are picked up and placed in the Samsung Plus app.  If you use the bar on the right of the remote when in Samsung Plus, just go up or down, and without running through all 1000 or so possibilties, you will find the channel and its affiliate digitals pretty quickly.  It must  work like that to promote the Samsung Plus app.  Anyway, that's where it is found.  Once you go there, it will stay there in the "Recent" window on the Home page, at least until you go somewhere else.  When you go back, you will have to find it again on Samsung Plus app once again.  I little of a pain, but still works fine.

0 Likes
Bilyous
First Poster
Options

By the way, there really should be a dialogued on the scanning page that pops up and tell you where to find the analogue channels. I don't know but it is possible that they aren't scanned in, but are already on Samsung Plus app, based on the area code where the TV Samsung account was registered or the TV was activated during the initial startup process or re-set process.

0 Likes
npm
Journeyman
Options

Do you want a slap? 

Get over it man, there hasn't been any analogue channels for 12 years *****

Now get a new TV or stfu :winking-face: 

0 Likes
Bilyous
First Poster
Options

LOL.  It was only months ago that I read a description of analog vs. digital and seemed to imply that there was still analog.  But what do I know?  I'm 76 and a retired physicianj. All I know is that my newest smart tv that I am setting up, a Samsung Tizen would not scan in my strongest local channel which is a CBC network primary and all of its 7 affiliated digitals for this area. It wouldn't scan in and appear in the LIVE TV choice. 49 others did. My antenna is an indoor combined digital and non-digital flat antenna.  Then I found that very strong  CBS channel and all of its affiliates in the Samsung+ app. Why I couldn't find it in the scanned list after trying 3 times, I'll never know. As long as I get that one someway on this new TV, I'm fine.  I just wondered why it would not scan and show up as a channel retrieved on scan, when all the other 49 did show up. Maybe they were automatically placed in the Samsung+ app before the scan based on setting up the TV with my zip code.  Either way, I don't care.  The scan did not show it, but it and all of its attached digital channels showed up in the Samsung+ channel instead of LIVE TV.  Anyway, my wife says I need a slap, also.

0 Likes