Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you feature just one photo across the entire screen in ambient mode?

(Topic created on: 26-03-2019 07:23 AM)
ScottT
Student
Options

Hello, is it possible to upload and feature just one photo in ambient mode across the entire screen, and if so how do you do it?

Or are you limited to just uploading photos to on-screen photo frame template that has boxes for a number of smaller photos?

77 REPLIES 77
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @ScottT.

It is possible to have a full picture on your screen in Ambient mode. Have a look at this useful link.

onesim
Voyager
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @ScottT.

It is possible to have a full picture on your screen in Ambient mode. Have a look at this useful link.

Hi

I guess what Scott means, is to have a single picture filling the whole screen, not as a background, but as a big picture without the pass-partout. i've made the same request in the italian community as this option is currently not available, but i think it will add a lot to the ambient mode, giving users the ability to completely customize their walls.

There are several other topics asking for the same feature, so, come on and push developers to implement it. It should be not too hard: it's enough to add another photo mode to Mono, Board, and Duo, let's call it Mono-Full, and should act exactly the same as the Mono mode except for the screen usage that should be fully occupied by the picture instead of having a pass-partout... :winking-face:

Daffke
Student
Options

I have to agree with Onesim here. The ambient mode, as it is now, is useless for me. If I want to have a picture on the tv, I want to have it in full screen. Nothing else.

Kurzie
Explorer
Options
I agree - though I have even a more basic issue: cannot manage to upload photos on mono despite same samsung account on tv and mobile, and using Samsung S9 as mobile... would be good to sort that out first. I have the impression the system is unstable for many users.
ScottT
Student
Options

Hi all, i've managed to display a single photo right across the screen using the Smart Things app on my mobile phone. Upload your chosen photo to your mobile photo library and then using the app choose  "Mono" in the ambient mode photo settings. The photo should display right across the screen.  High res photos take a bit of time to upload but look great.  Good luck!

onesim
Voyager
Options

Do you mean single photo with pass-partout? Mono mode shows a single picture with pass-partout, not on the full screen...

Kurzie
Explorer
Options
Thanks all - I have now managed to upload, but I agree with onesim, photos cannot be shown full screen. There was a tweak available at the US Samsung community, but it does no longer work.
Brewmaster
First Poster
Options
I am looking to do the same thing. The current modes are useless and unattractive with the frame and boarder....
ChilliPeppa
Journeyman
Options
The same for iPhone users too - can't upload any pictures at all. Just get the spinwheel turning when you try to browse for photos whilst nothing happens.

I thought this feature worked if you had a Samsung phone - clearly not...
0 Likes