Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select photos for ambient mode

(Topic created on: 24-03-2019 10:28 AM)
BoatMarkus
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung 75 inch QLED with ambient mode (QE75Q6FN). Initially ambient mode worked, but now I cannot select pictures on my iPhone when using Samsung's app "Smart things". Control works and even settings for ambient mode, but when I click to "Select photos" I just get a spinner and am unable to see any photos.

Any ideas on what I should do in order to make this work?

I have already reset the TV fully, signed in and out of my Samsung account on both devices, deleted the account and created a new one, and tried connecting from another iOS device. Follow the issue with the ambient mode, I also had an issue where I could not access the App store on the TV (just a spinner), but that resolved following that I created a new Samsung account.

60 REPLIES 60
ChilliPeppa
Journeyman
Options

Did this work for you?  Were you using an iPhone to attempt to upload pictures?

0 Likes
NizarOfNazareth
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here

I have iphone 8 and 55Q7FN

NizarOfNazareth
Apprentice
Options
What are you referring to, is it in the app or the tv?
Can you please explain more?
I have 55Q7Fn and using the latest smartthings app on my iphone 8
0 Likes
Gibo_mk
Student
Options

Just a quick update.

My Huawei smart phone (GR5 KII-L05) with SmartThings to QN55Q65FNF started working just fine since 2 days ago. I can upload my own photos to the TV (Ambinent mode: Mono, Duo, and Deck) with no issue.

I will keep an eye on this since when I got the TV several days ago, it was working (my Huawei phone + SmartThing to upload photos to TV) just fine and then all the sudden it stopped working (and also removing my photos on TV to go back to the default photos by itself).

joligoodtime
Student
Options

Hi,

Please could you explain how to do this - I can't find the "Viewing Infomation Services"

Many thanks

0 Likes
MikeinSonoma
First Poster
Options

It would help if you give more information about where you’re doing this, because obviously a lot have not figured it out. 

0 Likes
Danimal
Apprentice
Options

Using the TV settings menu, go to Support -- Terms & Policy. You should see it there.

0 Likes
RBeard
Student
Options

Quick update: as of this week everything appears to be working as advertised, and there are even some new ambient modes available (love the spring setting). I can not only take a picture and process a custom background, but I can FINALLY upload my own photos for the picture based ambient modes. I haven’t gone digging through all the release notes yet,  but I know there have been updates on both the app and the device (TV) side. Now to test the universal remote capabilities - if I can finally control the connected Samsung UHD player with the One Remote, I’ll be a 100% satisfied customer. 

0 Likes
Jimbluebird03
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10plus and cant get my photos to load from smart things app either, goes from select photos to a screen depicting a man slumped in a chair watching tv?? wtf! My tv is Q67 Qled 65"

0 Likes
Dftompkins
First Poster
Options

Same here on my Pixel 3 XL. I charged up my old Galaxy S5, loaded Smart things and from that but it gave me the same error. 

0 Likes