Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play videos via Web Browser

(Topic created on: 03-11-2019 04:18 PM)
realitywynn
Apprentice
Options

**Help**

My Samsung TV is no longer playing videos whenever I try to access them via websites on the Web Browser within the TV.
UHD9000 series is my TV..
Does anyone have any tips on fixing this?

Please advise..

Thanks in advance!

123 REPLIES 123
ditikos
Explorer
Options

As much as I can tell by observation, streaming video on the browser is not working as it waits for a resource to be loaded. From 1000 tries only 3 times it loaded, the times that worked the screen colors switched to the proper profile. I believe it is a serious BUG of 1270.3 (Don't know if it appears on the latter versions)

Samsung or anyone else, can we update via usb to 1270.6 or latter version in series 6 tv's? I can only see 1270.3 in the downloads section.

0 Likes
vfey7780
First Poster
Options

The web browser will not play videos that now require a streaming device. You can watch them if you get a ROKU or Apple TV streaming device hooked up to your tv. 

0 Likes
vfey7780
First Poster
Options
You’re going to have to hook up a streaming device like a ROKU.The web browser doesn’t stream which now many videos require.
0 Likes
vfey7780
First Poster
Options
Get a streaming device which recently some videos require. A ROKU is the cheapest. Get the app through ROKU to watch the video.
0 Likes
vfey7780
First Poster
Options

You will now have to get a streaming device. The web browser doesn't stream. 

0 Likes
ditikos
Explorer
Options

Really? Just streamed from a site that uses jwplayer and it works fine. Single case, anything from jwplayer plays. Same site was playing with streamago most of the time I was using it.

Given that streamago and openload are shutdown if you have seen the news, I am guessing people will turn to html5 more now.

0 Likes
Sabir_MA
First Poster
Options

Try to go to Settings and reset all settings of the browser.

That work for me.

0 Likes
Sebas30
Student
Options
It happened exactly the same to me. I have Samsung 6 series and apparently after the 1240 firmware update it stopped working. Now it's impossible to watch a video. I've only been able to do that through Web Browser Caster app, but it's not the same. Fix that please.
0 Likes
ditikos
Explorer
Options

I got the 1280.5 release now, still doesn't fully work as it used to be on a lot of streaming sites which are html5 but have different players.

I was able to play videos in sites with jw player smoothly though at first/after a reload, due to popups. This is definetly not a site issue/needs app, rather than probably the way the browser handles the streams to use the "mobile" native browser player (I assume the blue stripe one that is being shown in the video). When I switch to desktop this player disappears.

0 Likes
Robster34
Apprentice
Options

I get a "Failed to execute AppendBuffer on sourcebuffer: the sourcebuffer is full and cannot free space to append additional buffers." error message when I am playing videos from www.motogp.com in full screen mode. 

If I do not play them in full screen mode it works fine.

Does anybody have any idea what causes this?