Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get free view HD chanels

(Topic created on: 26-02-2017 03:16 PM)
Pmackereth
First Poster
Options

I have recently bought a Samsung Smart TV, model T24D390S but am unable to get any HD channels on the freeview tuner. The aerial attached is the same one used successfully on another TV and HD was available then. Tried retuning many times but the TV will not pick up HD channels. 

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@notonatowrote:

Hi there.  Many thanks for your suggestions.  I eventually got the problem fixed by replacing the aerial.  Getting channels in hd now.  Thanks again! 🙂

@notonato Glad you've got it sorted now, in some cases the aerial may be an issue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Jane4
First Poster
Options

I can’t get any HD channels have re tuned and checked I can receive in this area? 

Tv is two days old? 

Jane 

0 Likes
KW72
Journeyman
Options

I have UE49MU6400 UXXU TV  and can get HD channels. Suggestions try manual tune, check you have the latest soft ware, have your aerial and signal strength checked plus ensure the all channels are enabled Samsung appears to have a default setting thats shuts out most channels.

when I first tried my tv I could only get about 5 stations My local TV transmitter is Waltham. Note  Before Tuning  activate enable all channels. Also when satisfied with reception activate the channel lock

KW72
Journeyman
Options
If you cannot get HD channels and you can receive all other stations I suggest you have your aerial system checked by a reliable TV/ aerial engineer they should have the equipment to check the signal strength and quality of the signal.
NOTE. Samsung have a default setting the disables most channels so before tuning click on button to enable all channels
Once you have re tuned and are happy with the result press the lock button
0 Likes
kevinoap
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. My Humax picked up all the HD channels but tv didn't. This worked for me...

Go into autotune and where it says Aerial or Dish select Freesat (not satellite, if you select satellite you won't get all the HD channels). Select scan and it will ask for your postcode. Enter your postcode and away it goes, picking up all your HD channels.

Laurapuodz
Apprentice
Options
Hi! What settings did you use to manually tune your tv? I have an aerial but mine is not picking up any channels.
0 Likes
KW72
Journeyman
Options
I have UE49MU6400 UXXU TV and can get HD channels. Suggestions try manual tune, check you have the latest soft ware, have your aerial and signal strength checked plus ensure the all channels are enabled Samsung appears to have a default setting that shuts out most channels. when I first tried my TV I could only get about 5 stations my local TV transmitter is Waltham.

Note Before Tuning activate enable all channels. Also when satisfied with reception activate the channel lock
0 Likes
lynette1
First Poster
Options

We bought a samsung smart TV, model UE43KU667OU Type UE43KU6670. We moved a year ago and since then have been unable to get any HD channels. Have retuned to factory setting and retuned without any success. Please help

0 Likes
KW72
Journeyman
Options

Can you get all other channels appart from HD channels ? if so the problem could be your aerial and it will need checking by a reliable TV/ Aerial engineer they should have the equipment that measure signal strength and the quality of the signal.  Low signal and or poor quality wil have a significate effect on HD channels and the TV will not show them.

NOTE Digital TV is not like the old analogue TV where you could get signal that was poor and grainy. Digital TV wil just cut the the signal if its corrupted just like falling off a cliff its either there or it not there.

BEFORE  CALLING AN ENGINEER,  have done the following:

Samsung have default setting that shuts out most channels you may only receive 4 or 5 channels on free view.

Before retuning ENABLE ALL CHANNELS  ( this is in the settings menue) 

After retuning and you are happy with it ACTIVATE THE CANNEL LOCK 

If still cannot get HD channels  then I suggest you get the aerial checked.

note the cost will be around £ 25 to £40 So ensure you get a reliable approved enginer or you may get one who will try to convince that you require new  a aerial which will be very expensive )

Regards KW

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@KW72 wrote:

Can you get all other channels appart from HD channels ? if so the problem could be your aerial and it will need checking by a reliable TV/ Aerial engineer they should have the equipment that measure signal strength and the quality of the signal.  Low signal and or poor quality wil have a significate effect on HD channels and the TV will not show them.

NOTE Digital TV is not like the old analogue TV where you could get signal that was poor and grainy. Digital TV wil just cut the the signal if its corrupted just like falling off a cliff its either there or it not there.

BEFORE  CALLING AN ENGINEER,  have done the following:

Samsung have default setting that shuts out most channels you may only receive 4 or 5 channels on free view.

Before retuning ENABLE ALL CHANNELS  ( this is in the settings menue) 

After retuning and you are happy with it ACTIVATE THE CANNEL LOCK 

If still cannot get HD channels  then I suggest you get the aerial checked.

note the cost will be around £ 25 to £40 So ensure you get a reliable approved enginer or you may get one who will try to convince that you require new  a aerial which will be very expensive )

Regards KW

Did your old TV work ok. If it did then I find it hard to think the aerial is at fault. 

Paul

0 Likes