Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get free view HD chanels

(Topic created on: 08-03-2017 10:31 AM)
Pmackereth
First Poster
Options

I have recently bought a Samsung Smart TV, model T24D390S but am unable to get any HD channels on the freeview tuner. The aerial attached is the same one used successfully on another TV and HD was available then. Tried retuning many times but the TV will not pick up HD channels. 

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
AntS
Options

Hi @Pmackereth.

Are you getting other channels fine? And are you auto tuning or manually doing it?

0 Likes
pmackereth1
First Poster
Options

Yes getting all none HD channels and auto tuning. I thought with it being a smart TV the tuner would cater for HD but I have not been able to confirm this. Does this model actually have a HD tuner?

0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
pmackereth1
First Poster
Options

Navigated to the manual tuning page and was presented with the following:

CH 26         FREQ 514000KHz         BANDWIDTH 8MHz      RESCAN

CH 29         FREQ 538000KHz         BANDWIDTH 8MHz      RESCAN

CH 43         FREQ 650000KHz         BANDWIDTH 8MHz      RESCAN

CH 46         FREQ 674000KHz         BANDWIDTH 8MHz      RESCAN

CH 40         FREQ 626000KHz         BANDWIDTH 8MHz      RESCAN

CH 24         FREQ 498000KHz         BANDWIDTH 8MHz      RESCAN

I clicked on each of the RESCAN buttons in turn, but the TV was not picking up any HD Freeview channels. Then I checked on the Freeview website and discovered that the HD channels for my area are on channel 23, so I added channel 23 as a new channel and carried out a search. This did not find any TV stations.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
pmackereth1
First Poster
Options

I have finally discovered that this TV does not have a HD tuner installed. This was confirmed by Currys. Very disappointing

0 Likes
notonato
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem.  My Samsung UE49MU6400 is definitely full HD, but cannot pick up any terrestrial channels in HD.  Tries several retunes, but TV can only save channels in SD.  However, my satellite box does receive foreign channels in HD.  Very strange.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Likes
KW72
Journeyman
Options

I have UE49MU6400 UXXU TV  and can get HD channels. Suggestions try manual tune, check you have the latest soft ware, have your aerial and signal strength checked plus ensure the all channels are enabled Samsung appears to have a default setting thats shuts out most channels. when I first tried my tv I could only get about 5 stations M y local TV transmitter is Waltham.

Note  Before Tuning  activate enable all channels. Also when satisfied with reception activate the channel lock

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@notonatowrote:

I have the same problem.  My Samsung UE49MU6400 is definitely full HD, but cannot pick up any terrestrial channels in HD.  Tries several retunes, but TV can only save channels in SD.  However, my satellite box does receive foreign channels in HD.  Very strange.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

@notonato Do you still have the Freeview HD issue or us it resolved?   Good advice from @KW72  ,  if unclear on manual tuning see @AntS'   impressive post above.  (No 4) I would also suggest a factory reset if problems remain, I also have MU6400 and no trouble tuning  Freeview HD (though don't have much need for it with SKyQ)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

notonato
Apprentice
Options

Hi there.  Many thanks for your suggestions.  I eventually got the problem fixed by replacing the aerial.  Getting channels in hd now.  Thanks again! 🙂