Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i change MAC ?

(Topic created on: 08-03-2018 07:19 PM)
Sino
First Poster
Options

Hi There, My TV IS ue46es7500,

Can I change the MAC Addreess of my TV? I need to chnage the MAC addrees , thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Lawrence1
Student
Options

Hi. did anybody reply to this as I have an issue with my TV whereby my MACC address has been hijacked by a company demanding payment for a service which was not requested. The spoof page comes up whenever the Smart IPTV app is selected, preventing me from accessing my chosen and paid for service!!! HELP!!

0 Likes
Lawrence1
Student
Options

Hi. did anybody reply to this as I have an issue with my TV whereby my MACC address has been hijacked by a company demanding payment for a service which was not requested. The spoof page comes up whenever the Smart IPTV app is selected, preventing me from accessing my chosen and paid for service!!! HELP!!

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

Mac is hardware and can not be changed. Smart IPTV app only lasts for 7 days as a trial then needs to be paid for. It's only 5 quid what is the issue?? 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Sino @Lawrence1   Indeed you cannot  change the physical mac address, mac address cloning is sometimes possible but  not available via my router/ISP.   https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-mac-addressing-817968

However I would suggest you reset the Smart Hub and if issue not resolved then try changing the DNS settings as follows:

Go to  Settings>Network>Network Settings>IP Settings>DNS Setttings>Enter Manually>Enter 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4>  Click Ok.  

Obviously it is up to you however can't say I   would recommend the Smart IPTV app, there was a previous report of a fraudulent programme. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Fraudulent-and-piracy-programme-on-Samsung-App-Sa...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Robert Grzeskowiak
First Poster
Options

I reset my Samsung Qled tv and all the network settings are zero, including MAC address , gateway etc etc, so my tv does not connect to WiFi , any solutions for this problem 

0 Likes