Support

Open search

Brand new 65" 2018 Q9FN and issues with HDR

Explorer

I just looked at this myself as installed a new 55 Q9FN, the app does something weird yet when I run the same thing from my Nvidia Shield looks perfect. 

Looks like the app is the culprit. 

First Poster

that's because you have different image settings for HDMI in your TV. Try use the same settings and you'll see it's the same. It's not the app, it's the TV

Explorer

@NikoAW wrote:

that's because you have different image settings for HDMI in your TV. Try use the same settings and you'll see it's the same. It's not the app, it's the TV

Maybe the settings you have are too high then? 🤷‍♂️ Looks absolutely fine to me though. 

Apprentice

No, it's the software problem, my child recently broke my tv, and thus on all the bad luck, i know can see the problem very well.

look at the video, and look when the subtitles appear what happens in the middle of the screen, and look when the screen has more light what happens without subtitles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92g5byas8yu6l3r/VID_20190318_215003.mp4?dl=0

Highlighted
Apprentice

About built-in usb video player in NU8072, but problem is the same: Why they just can't add option like "Subtitle brightness" with few grays to select from? Instead there is some stupid "Border color" or something, which is totally useless...

First Poster

@R1ckmister wrote:

@NikoAW wrote:

Maybe the settings you have are too high then? 🤷‍♂️ Looks absolutely fine to me though. 

Read this and then tell me it's a Netflix problem

Apprentice

From what I can tell, they need to give us the option to turn local dimming off. Then there would be no issue 

Apprentice
Of course. But subtitles should work well with local dimming on too.
Apprentice

Local dimming is a crappy feature anyway. I'd turn it off on every single TV but Samsung don't allow you to. 

Explorer

@Owlix wrote:

Local dimming is a crappy feature anyway. I'd turn it off on every single TV but Samsung don't allow you to. 

You literally have no idea what local dimming does then do you, especially on a FALD panel 😂

Top Liked Authors