Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new 49'' 7100 blank screen but sound?

(Topic created on: 21-01-2019 03:48 PM)
williamweeks
First Poster
Options

I have just had a brand new UE49NU7100 delivered this morning, it worked fine for about 30 minutes but now I have a blank screen. 

Sound is working fine across all inputs, but the screen is totally blank.

Is there anything at all I can do?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
CarlH
Options

Hi @williamweeks. I can go through some troubleshooting steps if you like but it will probably be best to return it for a replacement as this shouldn't have happened. 

0 Likes
williamweeks
First Poster
Options

I have spoke to who I bought it from and arranged a return but that will take about a week so I wondered if there was anything I could do in the meantime.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Ah no probs, @williamweeks. Do you have any external devices connected to it and have you tried a different power outlet? 

0 Likes
williamweeks
First Poster
Options
Yes tried another power outlet.

I had Sky in HDM1, PS4 in HDMI2 and Nintendo Switch in HDMI3. All those are working ok because I can hear them, just no picture at all.
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

If you press Settings on your remote, does anything appear on the screen, @williamweeks

0 Likes
williamweeks
First Poster
Options
No nothing at all
0 Likes
williamweeks
First Poster
Options
Small update, If I shine a torch on the screen I can very faintly see the picture.

Any idea what this means, do I need to do a firmware update or is something broken? It's only a few hours old
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

It would be difficult to attempt a firmware update if you're not able to see the menu of the TV, @williamweeks, and we seem to have tried everything we can at this stage. Unfortunately, we would go down the route of a replacement from your retailer.

0 Likes
williamweeks
First Poster
Options
I can just about see it if I shine the torch on it.

But it seems like it's unfixable from my end, I'll have to arrange a refund. Totally ridiculous for a TV to break down so quickly, and the entire process of fixing it taking so long
0 Likes