Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom of the screen has dark spots on 17 month old TV

(Topic created on: 24-09-2019 08:29 PM)
chssvl
Student
Options

I bought a UE49MU6400 TV in April of last year. Was happy with it bit a bit over a month ago I started to notice these dark patches along the whole bottom of the screen - see picture below, although it doesn't really do it justice as to how noticeable they are.

The problem is really noticeable, for example, when watching football (bright green pitch) where one sees like these "projections" of "dark light" originating from the bottom of the screen and casting this sort of shadow.

I've seen in this forum that others have had similar problems and been able to get their TVs repaired under warranty. However, it seems that my TV only had a one year warranty (!!!). 

Any thoughts on what to do? Can't believe that the TV is already failing. Had been very happy with previous Samsung TVs so bought this without even considering the competition...not terribly happy.

image0.jpeg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
pedromcalves
First Poster
Options

hey!

I'm having exactly the same issue with my 50NU7455 which I bought roughly 16 months ago.

I've reached out to Samsung's support and they asked me to reset my TV and update the firmware version (which was already up to date). Obviously, it didn't change a thing since this appears to be some sort of hardware failure.

I've booked a remote assistance so they can try and assess the nature of this issue and I'm hoping they can provide some sort of repair under warranty after that.

How did you get your issue sorted?

Thanks.

Regards.

0 Likes
chssvl
Student
Options

Hi. I didn't get it sorted!

Spoke to a TV repair person and they told me that it was a problem with the backlight lights, but they couldn't find the spare. 

I had always been a huge fan of Samsung TVs but this is the last one. Also been telling acquaintances to stay away. Not happy at all

0 Likes