Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Firmware 1159 for 65Q9F 2018 is "bugged"

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 10:45 AM)
AlexScan
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I put the beta firmware send by David B (German moderator on Samsung Community) and all it's good, better motion, better local dimming ... but the black are completly crushed in HDR !

A friend of mine and me experiment the same bug,  the first 7.5% of black is not visible on the HDR black clipping pattern (no matter which setting you use in Movie mode) and the dark scene in movie are completly "unwatchable".

Can you correct that for the futur official firmware 116x ?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
AntS
Options

Hi @AlexScan:smiling-face:

In which country are you based? I was under the impression that the beta firmware was only released to a selection of TV owners in Germany to test a fix for the picture juddering/motion that a few of their Community users had experienced. Did you get the firmware directly from @DavidB?

DavidB
Options

He did. :smiling-face: I asked tech support: this beta firmware should run with European TVs, we don't have any complains like his.

DavidB.png
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Obviously @DavidB sought the best advice.    Nonetheless @AlexScan has some issues, even if not a common experience.     @AlexScan have you experimented with settings to see if this makes any difference?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AlexScan
Explorer
Options

I do not want to hurt David B, I asked him for the firmware, this is my fault.
Obviously this is a good step forward for the Q9, especially on motion, but the HDR bug makes me no longer able to watch movies in this format.
Actually only one friend of the HDfever forum put the firmware, same problem.
I specify that it is only on the HDMI input that this occurs, none settings un-crush blacks (i try everythings).

AntS
Options

@AlexScan: No worries. I’m sure David’s cool. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: :smiling-face:

Is your TV a UK model? I’m just thinking of the best place(s) for the feedback you’ve given to be directed. :thinking-face:

0 Likes
AlexScan
Explorer
Options
Nop French model (EU)
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@AlexScan: Thanks! I've just checked into your posting history over on the French Community, and can see you asked @Samuel_B about where to find the firmware a couple of weeks ago. Have you been in contact with him (e.g. by PM) since then to let him know about the effects of the firmware?

0 Likes
AlexScan
Explorer
Options
Yes this is him who told me to make a post here to trace the information
AlexScan
Explorer
Options

Any new for new firmware for correcting the bug ?

0 Likes