Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banding or something else?

(Topic created on: 01-09-2018 06:00 PM)
Amethven86
First Poster
Options

Model number UE40JU6445K 

I have a dark horizontal band near the top of the screen. It is very noticeable when panning and gaming. Is this normal banding? Everything I read suggests banding is vertical not horizontal15352820703441050519590.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Amethven86

Is the software on your TV up to date? Let's try a Picture Test. Go to > Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test. Does the image show properly? 

Amethven86
First Poster
Options

Hi. Yes TV is up to date. I have tried picture test and and line is faintly visible but is very prominent on grey backgrounds and particularly noticeable when gaming and moving the game's camera

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Let's try a reset on the TV, @Amethven86. Go to Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. Note, any saved settings will go back to the default settings.

Also, could you confirm the current software version of the TV for us? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

chopples123
Voyager
Options

Hi Mate

I had a similiar band on my Q7, It wasnt there when purchased but manifested over time and eventually I had a couple of these horizontal bands across the TV. To remedy samsung replaced the panel (after trying a new one connect box and lead) 

If the problem has only recently started then I would say it is faulty. Normal banding is due to poor panel uniformity and if it was that it would have been present from the beginning

attached a pic to show what mine was like prior to replacement

cheers

Screenshot 2018-09-01 at 17.49.09.png