Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backlight Bleed: Samsung UE49MU6470UXXU

(Topic created on: 16-11-2017 12:43 AM)
davel
Student
Options

Hello,

Just bought my first new Samsung TV (model as in the post's title: MU6470). I am experiencing very noticable backlight bleed, especially when watching letterbox movies. 

I attached a photo below - seems that flash made it look somewhat worse. The backlight was on 15 and the room was dark.

Is that normal for this spec or should I be seeking a refund? Really concerned as the TV just came out from the box - and the backlight is very distracting.

Capture.PNG

31 REPLIES 31
gillianburns
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same issue. do you have an update?

0 Likes
HankPym616
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

Just bought a Samsung TV that had identical issues. For the most part, you'll just have to live with it. However, I noticed that a lot of the light bleed is due to the trim around the edges of some samsung TVs (not all, depending on models) is pushing against the screen, which is letting more/less light in around the edges. You can try bending the plastic bezel/trim away from the TV but usually it will just revert back.

0 Likes
Miss_C
First Poster
Options

Samsung UE43MU6100. Backlight bleeding issues with LED and LCD are common. It is a product fault but the manufacturers of these type of tv's deny this of course. I would ask my money back as this is a case of non-conformity. Once it is out of warranty you can start paying for the backlight repairs which are needed to be able to watch tv.  I was quite happy with Plasma and don't understand why they keep on making these faulty LED tv's with backlight issues. Note a tv should last at least 5-10 years and otherwise it is non-conformity. I would personally ask my money back of the retailer and buy a 2nd hand plasma until the issues with LED have been resolved or buy an expensive OLED but then you may have issues with screen burn-in. I think they manufacturers still have a lot of work to do to fix these teething problems. Give me Plasma anytime. I still  have one of Samsung that is 11 years old and has beautiful colors and screen. Sad but true. 

0 Likes
Htan72
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have here  the same issue with samsung tv EU55KS7000 bought in 2016.

The economic life time is certainly not expired, this is definitely a product fault and think that manufacturers have a solution for this kind of issues. 

Please help or are there any updates how to solve this ?

0 Likes
daxsan
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my 2017 55KS7000. 

I have been through 2 service calls with Samsung and in both cases they came back taking no responsability for it. 

I am escalating this further and bringing this to the media attention. this is clearly an engineering issue, nothing that we as customer would/could cause 

IMG_20191216_120826.jpgIMG_20191216_120759.jpg

Jeff2020
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the same issue with my RU7100 model. Had a call with the service guy just 2 days after buying the tv bug was told its within their spec. How can this be within spec when it annoying when watching a movei in the dark especially. It's been just a month and it's still annoying. Can someone please advice what we could do or how to get a refund or escalate this further. 

Chris123456
Apprentice
Options

Maybe try complaining to the retailer?

0 Likes
Wassa
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased a 75" Samsung TV model number UE75RU7020KXXU I also am having the same issues of screen bleed in the top right and left hand corners.

i phoned Samsung and they did a screen share on my mobile phone and got me to run the tv through some steps in settings, the lady went off and spoke to somebody came back and it was normal as the screen is edge lit and there is nothing wrong with it.

I believe they are pulling a fast one but what can I do about it ?

this tv was over £1000 so I'm pretty p****d off about it 😡

adamc33
Apprentice
Options

Had the same thing happen to me, was on the phone for 40 minutes.

0 Likes
Wassa
Apprentice
Options

Did you get it sorted out Adam ??

0 Likes