Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer not working on UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 05-12-2018 05:00 PM)
00bm00
First Poster
Options

For a few months BBC iPlayer has not working been working on our UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub. If we click on the Button, it just goes to a black screen. 4OD, ITV and other services are working OK. It won't let me Uninstall the app, so I can't reinstall a new version. It says its on Version 2.02603. If I try and run it from the App Store screen, it still goes to a black screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
86 REPLIES 86
Testvalley
Apprentice
Options

If other apps are working and other TV functions too then it’s unlikely to be a problem with your hardware (TV). Suggest you call Samsung if you can’t remember your PIN. They are pretty good.

0 Likes
Ratnakara
First Poster
Options

BBC iplayer won't load. I've tried a suggested sequence of actions which leads to entering pin. 0000 was suggested, but that is not accepted. I don't know what my PIN is.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Ratnakara.

Try the following combinations:

1234, 4321, 1111.

Let us know if any work.

Sam201
Student
Options

Hello, 

We have tried the above and it won’t allow us to put the pin 0000 in, could there be another code? 

Thankyou 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Sam201. Have you tried the other suggestions that @ChrisM, mentioned? 1234, 4321, 1111. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Sam201
Student
Options

Thankyou so much for your advice, those numbers didn’t work but I tried 4567 and that worked 👍🏻 Just resetting now so fingers crossed it will solve the problem.

Thankyou so much again 😃 

CarlH
Options
TGPB
Apprentice
Options

Hi all. Like many others out there I suddenly found myself not being able to access Iplayer on my 6 year old Samsung TV. Mine was not on the list of TV’s provided on the BBC website and the problem began to occur when the BBC Insisted that I now sign in to use Iplayer. Basically after 2 weeks of mucking about with trying this and trying that I appear to have stumbled upon my own personal solution.

*** Navigate to the BBC News app on the smart hub and click on it. It told me to update the software and 10 seconds later Iplayer was working. ***

Hopefully it will not disappear again and this solution helps some of you get back to watching what you pay for. 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news, @TGPB! Thanks for sharing!

0 Likes
Floss92
First Poster
Options
The default PIN does not work on my smart TV - is there an alternative to 0000 ?
0 Likes