Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer not working on UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 24-05-2018 03:30 PM)
00bm00
First Poster
Options

For a few months BBC iPlayer has not working been working on our UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub. If we click on the Button, it just goes to a black screen. 4OD, ITV and other services are working OK. It won't let me Uninstall the app, so I can't reinstall a new version. It says its on Version 2.02603. If I try and run it from the App Store screen, it still goes to a black screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
86 REPLIES 86
00bm00
First Poster
Options

Also if I go to Main Menu>Support the Software Update option is grey and not selectable. I'm trying a Factory Reset to see if that will work.

0 Likes
00bm00
First Poster
Options
Factory reset didn't solve the problem 😞
0 Likes
Terry6
Student
Options

Same problem here. Have tried to update TV software, but says it is up to date.

Have reset the Smarthub, makes no difference.

Our TV is listed as supported by Samsung for iPlayer (there is a list of TVs that will not be supported as well).

The iPlayer app appears on the TV screen, but screen goes blank when you select it.

No-one seems to know why.

0 Likes
Terry6
Student
Options

Fixed now, see another post on this topic (quoted here):

Many thanks for this. First of all the Software Update was in faded print, then it said it was not available. I tried the "reset" but it said it was already working. So I went back into the Menu again and saw "Alternative Software" which I had not noticed before. I clicked to upddate that and the TV turned off and on again and would you believe I was able to get BBC iPlayer.

Works a treat!

00bm00
First Poster
Options

thanks will give this a shot

0 Likes
Solution
dc25
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me on the UE40ES5500.

This from Samsung...

This is to acknowledge that we have received your email. We're sorry to know that you are having issues with BBC iPlayer app. I understand that you already tried performing the Smart Hub reset, but the issue remains. For us to check it further, we recommend to power cycle the TV by unplugging it from the mains for at least a minute to refresh the system, then plug it back in. Turn the TV on again and perform a soft reset by going to Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. The default PIN is 0000. Please note that all settings will revert back to default.

Once done resetting the TV, try to access again the BBC iPlayer. If the issue will persist, please don't hesitate to email us back so we can further assist you. Have a nice day.

Had to go through the TV set-up process again (date, time, region etc) but it worked a treat and now iPlayer back online.

loftygit
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I am glad that you have managed to reconnect to the BBC iPlayer, luckily your TV is 5 years old and Samsung have had enough time to sort out issues with the BBC.

Unfortunately my 2017 UE55MU55 model TV is still too new and is not yet on the list of Samsung TVs registered with the BBC. So I have to use my Amazon Fire TV to watch iPLayer programmes. Maybe one day they will sort it out.

0 Likes
Solution
TK999
Student
Options

Hi, I was having this issue of iPlayer refusing to load on my 2016 UE48JU6400 - it was just hanging on the 'iPlayer loading' screen. Tried all the usual things - unplug and cycle TV on/off, check latest firmware, delete and reinstate individual apps, reset smarthub, factory-reset entire TV, etc. Nothing worked, so I called Samsung. They remote-accessed into my TV and pulled up a technician's service menu that I hadn't come across before (must be via some special combination of keystrokes). From there, they were able to completely remove all the apps, then reinstall them from scratch (rather than just deleting the pointer and reinstating it, which is all you can do through the normal menu). This process fixed iPlayer on my TV, so I can only assume the app had somehow become corrupted (possibly from a recent broadband outage we'd had) and needed a complete reinstall. Anyway, everything working perfectly now, so many thanks to Samsung remote support!

CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Thanks for the awesome feedback, @TK999! We're pleased you're all sorted now!:robothappy: