Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer Not Loading Error 02001

(Topic created on: 27-07-2018 02:58 PM)
GFa71
Apprentice
Options

Hi. For 2+ months now I've been unable to load programmes in BBC iPlayer app on my new Samsung UE49MU7070 TV, 2017 model. All menus load fine but every programme I choose has continous spinning circle and after 30 seconds always ends with cannot load error message 02001. I have tried every reset possible and all firmware/software is right up to date, have tweaked most tv settings, searched the internet for a solution, and have got nowhere with iPlayer and Samsung support. All other on demand TV and Netflix, Amazon etc works fine and internet connection is the best. There was a couple of weeks after purchase when iPlayer worked ok but not anymore and I don't know what's changed. I am at a loss, can anyone help please, I can't be the only one with this problem? Thanks.

108 REPLIES 108
jon6
Apprentice
Options

Replacing the motherboard IS the answer. After an hour on the phone to a technician in the Phillipians trying some remote changes and updates she arranged for a local repair guy to come out the next day. It took 1/2 hour and the TV is back to normal. It IS the answer.

bazo
Journeyman
Options
Hi thanks for that the only problem is with my work! As it would be October at the earliest until I could be home unless the engineers work Sundays! Could I ask though did you get any assurances that it would not happen again? As it was a firmware role out that started this in the first place. That is also the reason for hoping on a software fix incase or when it happens again. As a custom firmware would be the easiest option to fix it.
Cheers
0 Likes
bazo
Journeyman
Options
Hi thanks for that info I was hoping a mass rejection might force Samsung to sort it out so I will email them again informing them of their non working firmware and inquire on their next step to repair their confirmed fault.
Thanks
0 Likes
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

I finally got my USB stick today with firmware 1239.91 and can report that iplayer is now working. I didn't even have to reset the smart hub. 

I have made sure that 'automatic upgrade' is turned off in the settings so this TV will never download another broken firmware update without knowing. 

On the USB were 2 versions of firmware: T-KTMDEUC and T-KTSDEUC

It took 8 months to get this issue fixed for me...

r4nd0m
First Poster
Options

same here - got it today after reporting it 2 weeks ago ... all good - so the only thing that requires fixing is the lack of live preview in the guide for me ...

0 Likes
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Apologies for the delay, @thecaretaker! Glad to see you're all sorted now! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Hey @r4nd0m! Sorry it took a while! Good to see it has now been resolved! :ok-hand: What's happening with your TV guide? 

0 Likes
loftygit
Pioneer
Options

After an online chat with Samsung Support explaining my position they quickly agreed to send me the 1239.9 upggrade on a memory stick. A week later it has arrived and after updating my MU6500 I went to the iPlayer and it worked. No memory board change, no reset. The My5 app and the other BBC apps also work.

It has been a while and there have been lots of 4k test transmissions missed but my TV is fully smart again. I can put the Amazon tv back in the drawer (or in the bedroom if the wife lets me!)

0 Likes
loftygit
Pioneer
Options

It can also be fixed by firmware...

After an online chat with Samsung Support explaining my position they quickly agreed to send me the 1239.9 upggrade on a memory stick. A week later it has arrived and after updating my MU6500 I went to the iPlayer and it worked. No memory board change, no reset. The My5 app and the other BBC apps also work.

It has been a while and there have been lots of 4k test transmissions missed but my TV is fully smart again. I can put the Amazon tv back in the drawer (or in the bedroom if the wife lets me!)

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thanks for reporting your experience @loftygit.    Good to know that in  some instances the issue can be fixed by firmware, 1239.9 is not yet publicly avilable on the support site. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes