Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Red Button not working

(Topic created on: 28-05-2017 09:24 AM)
MarkGovier
Apprentice
Options

UE48H6700 with current software; I just checked AND did a factory reset. The BBC Red Button+ service (nor the plain Red Button) won't work. It does on a connected BT TV box AND the internet is connecting as the iPlayer, YouTube etc. does work. What can I try?

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @MarkGovier,

Are you still having problems with the BBC Red Button+ service? Are you receiving any error messages?

0 Likes
MarkGovier
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Yes, still coming up with the error stating that the app or firmware needs to be updated. I've tried everything I can find in the menu structure to cause an update to the app but nothing seems to make any difference. I even did a restore factory settings a few days ago. Internet connection is working fine as YouTube etc. work perfectly. It's just the new RedButton+ features (as far as I know).

Error messageError messageChecking for updatesChecking for updatesCurrent firmware versionCurrent firmware versionApp update settingsApp update settings

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks for providing more details! 

Can you try Smart Hub > Apps Settings > Channel-Bound Apps > On then turn the TV off and on again.

Let us know if this allows you to use the Red Button+ service. 

0 Likes
MarkGovier
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I'm afraid that doesn't work. The function is greyed out and says the function isn't available. This was why I tried a factory reset a couple of weeks back.

20170504_180135.jpg20170504_180129.jpg

What next? Is there an even more thorough reset?

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Are you on the TV Source when you try to select this option? Have you tried resetting the Smart Hub? What steps did you take to reset the TV previously? 

We'll try and get to the bottom of this for you!

0 Likes
AnthonyShore1
First Poster
Options

Hi 

have you managed to sort this I'm having the same problem??

cheers

0 Likes
MarkGovier
Apprentice
Options

Nope. No further input from Samsung.

Red button+ still not working.

If anyone at Samsung is watching forum this please let us know how to proceed.

0 Likes
MarkGovier
Apprentice
Options

I think I missed this reply. How do I reset "Smart Hub"?

How do we perhaps uninstall and reinstall iPlayer?

0 Likes
AnthonyShore1
First Poster
Options

It's in settings, takes about 5 mins

0 Likes