Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC Iplayer not working

(Topic created on: 01-01-2020 07:30 PM)
Tiptail1
Apprentice
Options

I had a message on BBC iplayer today saying that I needed to update software in order to keep using the services. I looked at the relevant thread on the help forum. I've reset and updated the TV software but it's still not loading tv shows. Can anyone give me any pointers? I have a UE40F5300

94 REPLIES 94
devoncharlie
Apprentice
Options
The solution of switching off at the mains etc has worked for me, though I always switch off the mains anyhow
The samsung software is still at 2900 and the bbc iplayer and date are the same, so any update seems to have been silent
The warning screen still comes up but iplayer programmes work...
Thanks Sumsung for sorting it
0 Likes
robbie934
First Poster
Options

Thanks.  I am on ‘Auto update 1 hour after power off’, but I’m afraid that switching the TV off/on at the mains did not insatll the update.

I have since asked Samsung Chat for advice.  They tried to update my PC remotely, but in the end advised me that they would be releasing an update for those ‘F’ models experiencing problems, but as yet they have no definite time frame for this.

0 Likes
Londontv
Student
Options

Hi guys I have just downloaded software version 1550 from Samsung support website for my TV model. Installed it via USB and BBC iplayer is now working!

hooray! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

i tried to auto update from the tv menu but it said no updates available. Only option is to do it via USB stick. 
insttructions say you have to put the zip file on the USB then install, but actually you don't have to put it on the usb. Can just install it to usb from the file on your PC (saves 1.5gb space on your usb stick)

0 Likes
robbie934
First Poster
Options

Re my post above: had an onscreen message on my TV yesterday to say that its new firmware was now available. Downloaded and installed the upgrade via the TV menu, and BBCiplayer is now working again!

0 Likes
asfound
Explorer
Options

@Londontv wrote:

Hi guys I have just downloaded software version 1550 from Samsung support website for my TV model. Installed it via USB and BBC iplayer is now working!

hooray! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

i tried to auto update from the tv menu but it said no updates available. Only option is to do it via USB stick. 
insttructions say you have to put the zip file on the USB then install, but actually you don't have to put it on the usb. Can just install it to usb from the file on your PC (saves 1.5gb space on your usb stick)

I've just been trying this but as far as I can see there is no option to update by USB on my TV (model UE48J6300AKXXU). When I choose update now it goes straight to searching online and does not find the 1550 firmware update.

0 Likes
Lulumomo69
First Poster
Options

@DKR1 wrote:

Can you confirm position regarding BBC iPlayer for model UE55F8000.
Software version is T-FXPDEUC-1135.0. 

There is no update currently available. 

0 Likes
Lulumomo69
First Poster
Options

Did you get your problem sorted? I have the same issue.

0 Likes
robbie934
First Poster
Options

The USB version of the update for my TV is not listed on the Samsung Support site, but the update exists, as I’ve received it!

If you have set you TV menu to receive Automatic updates and still not received the update, why not try doing what I did, which was to ask for assistance on Samsung Support Live Chat.  If nothing else, it may cause them to prioritise your update.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/livechat/

0 Likes
Anglo1
First Poster
Options

A very thorough message above, very useful. Might I also add 2 more questions: 1) What on earth does "early 2020" mean when it's at home? (could be anything from JAnuary to June!) and 2) Who on earth was the super-intelligent person who thought up doing an update and cutting people off from using iPlayer just before Christmas? (The only time a lot of people have the time and want to watch TV). Unbelievable

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just some additional information as sperate instructions for the 2013 F series, for any who may be affected.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/additional-steps-required-on-your-2013-f-range/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.