Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC Iplayer not working

(Topic created on: 13-12-2019 06:16 PM)
Tiptail1
Apprentice
Options

I had a message on BBC iplayer today saying that I needed to update software in order to keep using the services. I looked at the relevant thread on the help forum. I've reset and updated the TV software but it's still not loading tv shows. Can anyone give me any pointers? I have a UE40F5300

94 REPLIES 94
John1962
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
tvquestion
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks to Kath54 for posting this.

I tried this on my UE32H5500 and it works!  I tried it twice and just now I simply turned the telly on and went straight for the BBC app without waiting.  All well.  Shame samsung can't let us know. 

From looking at other threads, this came from one of the moderators, AndrewL.  So thanks to him too. 

Why on earth isn't this posted where we can all see it?  There are several different threads, hundreds of messages and thousands of view.

0 Likes
kopperdrake
Journeyman
Options

I'd also like to thank Kath54 and AndrewL - same model as tvquestion - UE32H5500 and it also works!

Samsung need to update their website to show this method.

Solution
AndrewL
Options
@kopperdrake: Glad to hear that this worked for you. I read your post and thought I'd share a recent addition to our FAQ page :smiling-face:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-access-the-bbc-iplayer-on-a-2014-h-range-se...

Krystyna2
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with the UE40H5500 when will it be fixed please provide date

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Krystna2: The solution to the iPlayer issues has been rolled out, and can be found by following the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-access-the-bbc-iplayer-on-a-2014-h-range-se...
0 Likes
John1962
First Poster
Options

If all else fails, I suggest that if you have any devices connected to the TV, then you do this  (no idea whether it has any effect)-
1. Disconnect any devices connected to the TV (such as a programme recorder). Obviously do not disconnect any wired connection to your router / hub.
2. Make sure that the 'Source' on the TV is 'TV' rather than some other device that you may have connected to the TV.

0 Likes
JBTE
Apprentice
Options

Thanks to Asad's help, I've downloaded the update for this model from the Samsung website and IPlayer is now working. Hope everyone else manages to get this problem sorted.

0 Likes
Solution
JBTE
Apprentice
Options

Asad said 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
robbie934
First Poster
Options

I have an F series  2013 TV model UE46F6500SBKXXU

Will you be updating the software for this model in order so that it can once again access the BBC iPlayer?

The current software is version 2126, with ‘no new updates at this moment’.

It is not listed among those due to be updated in 2020.

0 Likes