Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC Iplayer not working

(Topic created on: 12-12-2019 07:59 PM)
Tiptail1
Apprentice
Options

I had a message on BBC iplayer today saying that I needed to update software in order to keep using the services. I looked at the relevant thread on the help forum. I've reset and updated the TV software but it's still not loading tv shows. Can anyone give me any pointers? I have a UE40F5300

94 REPLIES 94
Topcat2
Apprentice
Options
Just checked again. All good.
0 Likes
kopperdrake
Journeyman
Options

You lucky thing! Nice!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Updated official TV Support page link that has a little more info/clarification on the BBC iPlayer issue here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/bbc-iplayer-software-update/ 

0 Likes
Shocksmith
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the update @AntS. Much appreciated

0 Likes
Steven2000
First Poster
Options

I hope the fix for these h models wont be long in coming i use the app a lot and have 3 h models in the household.thankyou.

0 Likes
John1962
First Poster
Options

AntS Thank you for the update.  Having read your latest 'clarification', I see that my TV model (and many others) now falls into a new category "The update will not currently apply to the models listed below. A solution for this is currently being worked on. A full list of ‘H’ range models can be seen further below: UE22H, UE32H, UE40H, UE46H, UE48H, UE50H, UE55H, UE60H, UE65H, UE75H)."
This is in addition to the models that you had already listed as "The update will also not work for the models listed below (sold 2013 to 2015). We aim to provide an update for these models early in 2020: SEK-1000/XC, SEK-2000/XC, SEK-3000/XC, UE82S9WATXXU, UE32S9AUXXU, UE40LS001AUXXU, UE32LS001AUXXU, UE24LS001AUXXU"

Samsung have wasted the time of me and many others (most of whom will not have contacted you via this suppot page), Samsung also seem to be likely to do nothing to fix the problem. Are Samsung trying to make sure that when people purchase their next TV they make sure that it is not from Samsung?

0 Likes
Solution
Kath54
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

FAO any owners of a H Model.  

I found this on another community chat 'iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700' .  I have tried it and it worked on mine.  I did not have to do the second part.  I am not sure why it has not been added to this thread.  It was added about 3 hours ago.  Whether it still works tomorrow is another matter.  The message remains which is a bit concerning.  Good luck to all!samsung.PNG

Adamv
Journeyman
Options

Just tried this and it works. My bbc iplayer is now working again. Many thanks for posting this. 

0 Likes
Safariwolf
First Poster
Options
This workaround worked for me too (UE48H6400AK). Lot of faffing about over the past three days resetting and reloading all the apps to no avail but this workaround worked 2nd time I tried it (no idea why 1st time didn't work). Support now needs to update their Solutions & Tips page to advise others and then work out the root cause and fix that too.
0 Likes
redbullman
First Poster
Options

@Kath54 wrote:

Hi, 

FAO any owners of a H Model.  

I found this on another community chat 'iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700' .  I have tried it and it worked on mine.  I did not have to do the second part.  I am not sure why it has not been added to this thread.  It was added about 3 hours ago.  Whether it still works tomorrow is another matter.  The message remains which is a bit concerning.  Good luck to all!samsung.PNG

Amazing - this works on ue32h6200.  iPlayer now working again.  Thanks!!!!

0 Likes