Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC Iplayer not working

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 08:58 PM)
Tiptail1
Apprentice
Options

I had a message on BBC iplayer today saying that I needed to update software in order to keep using the services. I looked at the relevant thread on the help forum. I've reset and updated the TV software but it's still not loading tv shows. Can anyone give me any pointers? I have a UE40F5300

94 REPLIES 94
Tiptail1
Apprentice
Options

I have read this;

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/12/10/bbc_iplayer_samsung_outage/

Am I really going to be able to link to IPlayer or am I going to have to purchase another TV (definitely not Samsung)

Trevor46
First Poster
Options

I have been aware of the same problem with being unable to get i-player to work since yesterday. I tried the reset option today to reset back to the factory settings but it hasn't helped. In fact I had to reinstall iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5 & Netflix - all of which needed me to sign in with usernames & passwords which was very time consuming.

I also tried downloading the 2900 upgrade from Samsung's website but when I attached the USB to the TV got a message that it couldn't find anything on the stick!!

My TV also has update version 2900 and the model number is UE40H6200.

i have seen the message about something having expired and can only assume it will sort itself out in the next day or so.

0 Likes
redbullman
First Poster
Options

@Trevor46 wrote:

I have been aware of the same problem with being unable to get i-player to work since yesterday. I tried the reset option today to reset back to the factory settings but it hasn't helped. In fact I had to reinstall iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5 & Netflix - all of which needed me to sign in with usernames & passwords which was very time consuming.

I also tried downloading the 2900 upgrade from Samsung's website but when I attached the USB to the TV got a message that it couldn't find anything on the stick!!

My TV also has update version 2900 and the model number is UE40H6200.

i have seen the message about something having expired and can only assume it will sort itself out in the next day or so.

Hi. You have the same model as mine apart from 32 inch.  My TV updated to version 2900 at the end of last month but iPlayer still broken. Let's hope Samsung sort themselves out in the next day or so or at least an official statement on what they plan to do!!!!

0 Likes
Birdseye
First Poster
Options

BBC iplayer loads but will not run any content.  Completed power off and soft reset etc but still no joy.  There are no updates available either.

any suggestions?

thanks

0 Likes
Bunsen_Honeydew
First Poster
Options

Yup...another unhappy customer with a TV that won't do what it should following the changes to I-Player

No software update available ( I have it set to auto update to make sure I get the latest version anyway )

I don't know what plans Samsung have to rectify this, or if their expectation is that we will 'replace our old TV with a brand new one' , but I would advise them to FIX THIS PROBLEM in pretty short order, becuase if I do have to rep[lace a perfectly good set with another just so my family can watch the content available, well...it won't be one from a brand that has just let me down.

I would expect a major international manufacturer to be up to speed on this sort of thing, and producing updates to maintain compatability. Seems not......

kopperdrake
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same problem here, just before Christmas! The cynic in me can't help thinking they'll hope we go and buy another over the holidays..

0 Likes
Jantay
First Poster
Options
My feelings exactly. I wanted to catch up on the last 2 episodes of the Mallorca Files. Clicked on iplayer and the same thing happened. Can’t update, can’t reset. Won’t buy another Samsung if this isn’t resolved.
Kath2Fix
Student
Options

I saw this on the forum , tried it and it worked on mine - good luck, hope it helps, and thanks to the orginal person who posted it:

"

Samsung 42" F5500 Series 5 Smart Full HD LED TV

Same problem here on my UE32F5500AKXXU. My sw version was 2126 and it appeared that there was "no update available at the moment"

Went to Samsung/Product Help and Support, manuals and software downloads, TV and AV, Then entered my model number. Lo and behold, an upgrade 2127 came up so I downloaded to my laptop, extracted the file to a USB, inserted the USB into my TV.

Now, when I tried a software update, a message appeared - do I want to search the USB for upgrades, yes, and the new sw downloaded, Tv switched off automatically, restarted and I now have BBC iPlayer back.

Hope this helps"

IT WORKED!

0 Likes
Dunny81
First Poster
Options

BBCi player currently not working on tv model UE32H5500AK current software update is 2900 

it initially came up with message that to continue watching then software would need to be updated, if software was up to date then discard the message. So checked software which was all up to date BBCi player loads fine comes up as it usually would but if i go to watch anything it just buffers away then comes up 'something wemt wrong loading programme' and it doesn't matter what i choose within iplayer i get the same message....any fix to the issue? already reset smarthub, there's no option to delete & re-install iplayer because that was my first thought. And all software is up to date 

0 Likes
Birdseye
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the download suggestion and where to find it.  Checked the software on my tv and its up to date (2900.0) so no luck there.  I guess/hope samsung will eventually get around to fixing the problem.

0 Likes