Support

Open search

Auto scan and wrong channel numbers

First Poster

I bought an mu7000 aka mu8000 (US) and have auto tuned it for Freeview channels but none of the numbers for the channels match the standard ones. Is this normal? Can it be fixed?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Navigator

Hi @Varsas,

it is logical the TV it is programmed for the US, but the order you can regulate it yourself.

 

First Poster

@7alhoul wrote:

Hi @Varsas,

it is logical the TV it is programmed for the US, but the order you can regulate it yourself.

 


It's not a US model; it's the UK model. I just mentioned the US model number as a reference point for clarity as last years numbering can be confusing.

 

Has anyone else encountered this issue where the TV appears to have assigned numbers to the channels as it's found them and not applied the Freeview number?

Black Belt 

@Varsas wrote:

@7alhoul wrote:

Hi @Varsas,

it is logical the TV it is programmed for the US, but the order you can regulate it yourself.

 


It's not a US model; it's the UK model. I just mentioned the US model number as a reference point for clarity as last years numbering can be confusing.

 

Has anyone else encountered this issue where the TV appears to have assigned numbers to the channels as it's found them and not applied the Freeview number?

 

No a new one on me. 

Paul


AndrewL Moderator
Moderator
Hi @Varsas

If you are currently outside the region the TV was intended to be used then this is likely to be why you are experiencing this issue. As a workaround you can go to Home > Live TV > Channel List > All > Edit > Channels > Change Number to see if you can arrange the channels in a more familiar order. Please be aware that when a channel number is changed, its channel information is not updated automatically.
First Poster

@AndrewL wrote:
Hi @Varsas

If you are currently outside the region the TV was intended to be used then this is likely to be why you are experiencing this issue. As a workaround you can go to Home > Live TV > Channel List > All > Edit > Channels > Change Number to see if you can arrange the channels in a more familiar order. Please be aware that when a channel number is changed, its channel information is not updated automatically.

Hi. I'm not outside the region. I went down to my local Currys PC World, bought the TV, brought it home and set it up at the weekend. Perhaps mine is somehow incorrectly configured? Is there a way to check?

 

I left the channel numbers alone but it's annoying, especially as I want to set it up with my Harmony remote and that uses the Freeview channel numbers; I have tweaked the numbers in that device so it uses the Samsung's numbers for a few favourite channels rather than the Freeview ones.

AndrewL Moderator
Moderator
No problem. I recommend going to Home > Settings > Broadcasting > Auto Tuning > Auto Tuning Settings to see if this makes a difference. You can also utilise Broadcasting > Expert Settings > Manual Tuning to scan for all the channels manually and store the scanned channels in the TV. ^AL
Black Belt 

If it is a brand new telly it should work out of the box without having to mess around.  First thing I advise anyone is to report it to you retailer as a fault,  especially in the first 4 weeks. 

It sounds like a fault because as I said it should work out of the box,  and if not then replace and get one that does. 

Paul

Top Liked Authors