Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Lag, Dolby Digital Pass Though With Sky Q and Sonos Beam

(Topic created on: 20-01-2020 05:28 PM)
WillDickson
Student
Options

I have a UE43RU7100KXXU and have just recently purchased a Sonos Beam sound bar that all works great together in normal PCM sound quality with my Sky Q and XBOX ONE in HDMI 1 and 2 respectively and then the Sonos in HDMI 3 (ARC), The problem is when trying to play in Dolby Digital on my soundbar, i get a terrible audio lag (500ms Roughly) which cant be adjusted for as the audio delay option only allows you to increase this lag. I have proven the problem is with the pass-through within the Samsung TV, as when i plug either the Xbox or Sky directly into the soundbar i do not have this problem. However i am not prepared to keep unplugging wires in order to achieve this as i often use apps on the TV as well as both my SKY Q and Xbox. Surely this can be fixed with a software update, as from your forums i can see this is a common problem.

5 REPLIES 5
MrTest
Explorer
Options

Summed up nicely and reflects crux of the issue with the TV and similar in my situation (with Q80 TV + Q80 Soundbar) and shown by others as reflected accross this forum and the soundbar one.

I have resorted in my situation routing to soundbar first with Cable Box and with the PS4 HDMI to TV but optical audio to soundbar. This causes other issues as I have to effectively disable ARC (through turning off HDMI-CEC), but then need to switch back on again if I want sound back down to the soundbar from the TV apps (iPlayer / Prime etc) so is a headache.

In short, this shouldn't be such an issue in this day an age 😞

BanksRacing
Student
Options

Same problem here too with the Xbox Dolby digital passthrough worked fine on my Vizio..

Options

Yes, audio lag issue on my setup of sky q mini box, Sonos beam and The Frame TV, when Sky HDMI audio set to Dolby Digital. No lag when set to Normal.

All audio delay settings set to 0 on TV, Sky and Sonos. Sky HDMI set to Dolby Digital.

Beam to HDMI ARC, Sky to HDMI 1 on one connect.

I’ve tried optical adaptor for Beam to one connect but still audio delay.

Samsung, can you explain and offer something to resolve this issue on the one connect please?

jhw2012
First Poster
Options

BUMP. Still an issue… 

0 Likes