Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 13-12-2018 10:34 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options
@Hoot37 wrote:

Great news. I've won the battle with Crampton and Moore who out of a "good will gesture" have replaced my TV with the new 2019 model. If anyone else is struggling with them then let me know. 

Well done! As far as I know you're the first to win against C&M as they took a very hard line against anyone with this issue, which is why I'll never buy from them.

0 Likes
adw_uk
Explorer
Options

NOT TRUE!

I won against C&M back in June paying the difference for the 2019 model and did update here at the time.

0 Likes
DR1970
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, unfortunately the samsung tv was i gift from one of family member. I do not know why his buy samsung tv. now I stocked if this tv.....

cannot unisntall the facebook, or other app. I'll never use. and have same problem, cannot update free space. damm tv....

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

That's unfortunate. There is no solution to this problem, so perhaps you can explain this to your family member? They should return the TV and get another model, such as the 2019 RU version, which is fine.

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@adw_uk wrote:

NOT TRUE!

I won against C&M back in June paying the difference for the 2019 model and did update here at the time.

All right, calm down.

Brian77
Student
Options
I have same problem, only 1 gb memory on board.
Installed a few updates, now 15mb left, joke.
Brought from Richer Sounds in March 2019.
I have rejected tv as not fit for purpose.
Asking for exchange.
Also have another problem with tuner.
Losing channels, and all hd channels
Displaying BBC 1 hd
And the rest no service.
0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@Brian77 wrote:
I have same problem, only 1 gb memory on board.
Installed a few updates, now 15mb left, joke.
Brought from Richer Sounds in March 2019.
I have rejected tv as not fit for purpose.
Asking for exchange.
Also have another problem with tuner.
Losing channels, and all hd channels
Displaying BBC 1 hd
And the rest no service.

RS haven't been too bad in allowing exchanges because of this issue. Your other problem should make it even easier.

0 Likes
Brian77
Student
Options

Thanks for your advice.

Hope to have good news soon.

abrar-mohammed
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same issue. After countless rests, including hard reset done by the Samsung support by connecting to my TV remotely, I still get the memory issues sporadically and I can no longer install any new Apps because I get a message saying Smart hub is being updated, please try later.

this has been going on for months now and my 1 year warranty finishes next month. I will probably go to currys this weekend to log the issue with them and see what they have to say.

Any pointers would be most gratefully appreciated. My TV is UE49NU7100

Thanks

0 Likes
Fernando-2
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, 

Have had this issue for some time now and have been in discussions with Samsung for around 4-5 weeks. I've had an engineer visit me to find that the problem had disappeared, only to mysteriously reappear a few days later. We're a few weeks down the line and now Samsung have advised that they wish to send an engineer to replace the board. I've provisionally accepted but no date has been set yet. What is the consensus with board replacement - does it work?

Another issue I'm having is Argos as they refuse to replace the TV without written confirmation from Samsung that there is a fault, something which they are reluctant to do in the extreme. The TV was bought c 15 months ago and only has a 12 month warranty. Can anyone offer any advice on what recourse I have please? 

0 Likes