Support

Open search

Apps storage space issue

First Poster

Have just been contacted by Richer Sounds who have agreed to replace the TV as it was under 30 days that I notified them of this issue. To be fair the staff who I have contacted with this issue at richer sounds were very helpful and always chased up the call on numerous occasions. Looking for a suitable alternative. Seems kg and there webos seems like a good alternative.

Voyager

Has anyone else had a go with this new firmware? It's still taking up more space on my TV which means that the apps situation is now worse lol. 

Apprentice

Yea I've installed it and now I have 107mb free, only have the preinstalled apps so lol 

Explorer

I downloaded it but never bothered installing it after reading that you had already tried it. I don't think I want to try it either having read what it just done either Tony lol...

Voyager

What a joke! They've actually shot themselves in the foot as we always said that a firmware update can't fix the issue despite what they say, which has now been proven.

Apprentice

Yea I know it's a joke! No matter I'm sending mine back, engineer is coming over tmz morning as Samsung wanted them to check it before giving the ok to have it sent back to AO! This is my second model of the 7400 and the same problem, not only the memory problem but I have back light bleed after a few days of use! So had enough of it.

Explorer

Crikey that is really bad and I do not blame you. So far I am well pleased with the TV and the app issue is not really a thing that is likely to bother me hopefully as I only use the main installed apps such as Netflix/Amazon Prime and the celestial channel catch up apps anyway. But if this TV starts downloading other apps and taking my space away and slows down the Tizen interface then it will become a problem.

Does anyone know what Patrick is on about with "Just wait one week for OTA". I do not even know how he got the information in the first place, especially as Samsung do not seem to be replying to anything.

First Poster

I posted on french community too, to gain visibility on this problem... that latest firmware doesn't solve yes :/ https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/T%C3%A9l%C3%A9visions/TV-Serie7-Mise-a-jour-automatique-des-appl....

Maybe we could try Twitter too, if someone here has a popular account.

Navigator

@Tony47 wrote:

What a joke! They've actually shot themselves in the foot as we always said that a firmware update can't fix the issue despite what they say, which has now been proven.

Tony, dont forget to turn it off and back on again to properly complete the fw update process

Voyager

@bIOforger wrote:

@Tony47 wrote:

Tony, dont forget to turn it off and back on again to properly complete the fw update process

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that! I now have 10 terabytes of available storage. Brilliant!  

Top Liked Authors