Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 03:09 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@marcolan wrote:

I have not facebook.

Are there amy news about thus issue?

Facebook is new to me too. I have used my wifes login to carry the posts.
0 Likes
billyb_834652
Explorer
Options
Hi Rowley. Was your motherboard change successful?
0 Likes
Ramasesuk
Journeyman
Options

@Mattyboi79 wrote:

Hi again people, the engineer has just left, he was changing the mother board on my tv.

he has not changed it.

i had already updated my firmware with a usb stick to the latest version when it was released last week which didn't make a scrap of difference to my storage available, if anything it made it worse.

he has basically reset the cache on my tv using the power button on the tv and the power button on the smart remote, i had already reset the tv, reset the smart hub to no avail,

since he has reset the cache i now have 25% / 205.48MB memory available with all my apps re-installed. and i now know how to clear the cache on my tv for when this happens again.

all in all im quite happy.

I was advised on twitter by samsung uk to do that and all i got was 2% back it said which took it from 25mb to 40mb

0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

@marcolan wrote:

I have not facebook.

Are there amy news about thus issue?

Hello,

I understand that there are people who are not Facebook friendly.  We currently have a buddy Twitter account and I would like to invite you to join our mailing list. Email your name, TV model, Place where your purchased and country it and date.

If you are in the UK there is a thread on moneysavingexperts.

If you're up to maintaining an account on other sites share so that we can make others aware of your efforts.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

Dear Friends,

Some might ask why so much hassle over a Smart TV that is not able to install updates that make it more secure.

This 2017 article https://www.wired.com/2017/03/worried-cia-hacked-samsung-tv-heres-tell/ should help you understand the seriousness of this situation.

According to Wikileaks the US and UK secret services had tools that hacked TV.  Some of you might think that this is not an issue because "you have nothing to hide".  But what if these same tools were in the hands of prankters who are recording you and your family without your knowledge and consent?

What if your TV is recording your every sound?

Have a great weekend.

marcolan
Journeyman
Options

Can you explain how to clear cache? I haven't understood.

Ok i have read very previous posts, i Will try 

monk2
Pathfinder
Options
Rowley1.
Come on Rowley lets hear what happened!!
Dereks
First Poster
Options

I have a UE55NU7500 and have had the not enough memory to update issue, had 40mb left with just the non removalble apps installed

i spoke to samsung yesterday who got me to do a reset by holding the power button on the tv for 5 secs then holding the remote power button for 5 secs

tv done a full reset and once set up again, i now have 615mb used instead of 880mb used and 202mb of free space

never had that much free space even from new

it looks like the e-manual has gone as i cant see it in the settings and im on version T-KTM2DEUC-1294.1, BT-S

not sure if anything else has changed, but now have space again (for now anyway)

Del

fraibean
Pioneer
Options
Je vais essayer merci
0 Likes
fraibean
Pioneer
Options
This manipulation resets the Wi-Fi parameters to zero?
0 Likes