Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 24-05-2020 08:45 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
monk2
Pathfinder
Options
Okay article written and emailed to newspapers will inform you all when i get reply.
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

Good luck to all with this campaign. Just for the same of accuracy, I should point out that this issue affects all models in the NU7xxx range, not just the 74xx. 

I'm this thread's OP and would get involved myself if I had a bit more time, but also I managed to get rid of my NU7500 last year after a 4-month tangle with John Lewis. I'm happy to post comments on Twitter and the new Facebook group, and will keep a close eye on the EU initiative.

mazzinia
Navigator
Options

Yep, as he said.

Mine, in fact , is a 7192 ( that still doesn't have any update offered past 1292.1 , and i'm monitoring the support site to download them. No, the update option is not greyed out in the settings )

0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

Dear All,

We need people who can volunteer if we want to move this forward. We have:

* a gmail account

* a facebook account

* a twitter account

* this forum

We need volunteers for:

* a logo

* a way to keep a log of members and to communicate with those who form part of the group (can facebook cloded group be used?)

* photos to document the situation

* a writeup describing the problem  (I can manage a first draft)

* ideas

* a couple of admins 

* people who can help us spread the work and recruit others.

Once all the above as checked off we can move on.

Anyone interested in joining / volunteering email FixOurSamsung@gmail.com.  Please  say how you can volunteer and / or if you simply would like to join.  

What is the problem you are experiencing with your Samsung TV (model, country, when purchased).

We can only add you if you provide the required information.

* a place where the core

0 Likes
Anita_Merlin
Explorer
Options

There are two groups you can join; 

Samsung NU7xxx storage

FixOurSamsung NU74xx

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

I have just posted on a UK  consumer website asking the question about our probelm. Already getting comments.

This site is well respected in the UK and the guy who fronts it has helped many people over the years, if we get enough posts on his site i'm sure it will be brought to his attention. Please click the link below into your browser you will have to sign up to the site but i think this could be a game changer.  Once on the page and signed in you will be able to add your posts. I signed up from Greece so all of us will be able too.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77208656#Comment_77208656

chribonn
Pioneer
Options

Great job!

I suggest we post on the facebook group to keep track of activites.  This will take time and effort and we will been a trustworty repository.

0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

Dear All,

If you would like to be on this list please email (FixOurSamsung@gmail.com):

1. Your name and surname
  2. Email will be the one used to originate your email
  3. Model of your Samsung TV
  4. Country you purchased your TV from
  5. Date when you purchased it

By sending the information you agree that this will be stored in a database. If you do not want to have your details stored please do not send the email.  You have the right to request that your details be removed by sending a request from the registered email.

We need people who can volunteer if we want to move this forward. We have:

* a gmail account - this email : fixoursamsung@gmail.com

* a facebook account: we currently have two (FixOurSamsung NU74xx: https://www.facebook.com/groups/721749508572472/?ref=group_header and Samsung NU7xxx storage: https://www.facebook.com/groups/582560612661261/?ref=group_header

* a twitter account: http://www.twitter.com/FixOurSamsung 

* Samsung Forum: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Apps-storage-space-issue/td-p/808085/page/124

We need volunteers for:

* a logo

* a way to keep a log of members and to communicate with those who form part of the group (can facebook cloded group be used?)

* photos to document the situation

* a writeup describing the problem  (I can manage a first draft)

* ideas

* a couple of admins 

* people who can help us spread the work and recruit others.

Once all the above as checked off we can move on.

Anyone interested in joining / volunteering email FixOurSamsung@gmail.com.  Please  say how you can volunteer and / or if you simply would like to join.  

What is the problem you are experiencing with your Samsung TV (model, country, when purchased).

We can only add you if you provide the required information.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
Anita_Merlin
Explorer
Options

FixOurSamsung NU74xx group can

- keep a log of members

- keep a list of any complaints you have already made, please post them in the group

- post your photos documenting the problem, this will be stored in Photo Albums

- admin needed, Cribonn do you want admin rights? It would be good for us to co ordinate the data we are collecting. 

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@monk2 wrote:

I have just posted on a UK  consumer website asking the question about our probelm. Already getting comments.

This site is well respected in the UK and the guy who fronts it has helped many people over the years, if we get enough posts on his site i'm sure it will be brought to his attention. Please click the link below into your browser you will have to sign up to the site but i think this could be a game changer.  Once on the page and signed in you will be able to add your posts. I signed up from Greece so all of us will be able too.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77208656#Comment_77208656

I need any UK based resident to please click the link above and add to my posts. They will be asking names of UK retailers.

0 Likes